Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4917551299_04cdc4d910.jpg

Then had one of these. No real subtleties at all, slightly oxidised. A familiar flavour I've got from many US imports. The Simcoe was enjoyable, but not as fresh as I would have liked. Good beer though, with just a touch of booziness.
I usually wait till 10 am for an IPA........

Went out to dinner last night. Usual aussie beers on the list. Coopers and Crown Lager $7.50 per stubbie. Right down the bottom Schofferhofer Hefeweizen $8.50 for 500ml !!!!!!

Very nice beer and the cheapest per unit volume!!!

Went out to dinner last night. Usual aussie beers on the list. Coopers and Crown Lager $7.50 per stubbie. Right down the bottom Schofferhofer Hefeweizen $8.50 for 500ml !!!!!!

Very nice beer and the cheapest per unit volume!!!

From a recent taste comparison of off the shelf Hefewiezens, i found the Schofferhofer to be my favourite. And the larger bottle is good too.

3537321432_d96288fbaf.jpg

Excellent beer. Beautiful fruity esters with that grainy sugary sweet malt. At 9+% who would know? These guys at Green Flash know how to brew good beers, that's for sure.

HopRodRye.jpg

An alright beer. My only real issue with it is, if you're going market it as a rye ipa make sure you get some rye character in there. Other than the thickness/full body from the rye, there wasn't much rye spiciness.

My only real issue with it is, if you're going market it as a rye ipa make sure you get some rye character in there. Other than the thickness/full body from the rye, there wasn't much rye spiciness.
20% Rye apparently

20% Rye apparently
20%! Pfft....ain't a rye beer until you've got so much in the mash it basically turns to glue, you lose half you efficiency/volume and the beer is so sticky you have to pick it out of your teeth after every sip!

Excellent beer. Beautiful fruity esters with that grainy sugary sweet malt. At 9+% who would know? These guys at Green Flash know how to brew good beers, that's for sure.
Argon where are you scoring the Green Flash from? Might have too look a bit harder in Sydney!! :)

Slow beer down here in Melbourne have some of their range

Argon where are you scoring the Green Flash from? Might have too look a bit harder in Sydney!! :)
Got them here in Brisbane at Archive in West End. If you can find them, definitely worth it.

I got some from beer cartel if it helps

Mmmmm bought 4 of these a couple of weeks ago.. 1 left after this.

Probably my favourite imperial stout. Pretty complex, I love tasting something new each sip!

Victory_Storm_King_stout.jpg

Brewdog Tokyo* 18,2%. OK, it's 23.32 here in Finland and the temperature is -12,9 C. You have to ask yourself, what the hell were our ancestors thinking when they settled here? Sure miss Sydney!

Brewdog Tokyo* 18,2%. OK, it's 23.32 here in Finland and the temperature is -12,9 C. You have to ask yourself, what the hell were our ancestors thinking when they settled here? Sure miss Sydney!

Hi Batfink,
18.2% ABV that must have been supplemented with sake! Might be just the thing to warm you up.

Bear Republic XP Pale
Not an in your face beer but plenty of hop flavour and a nice level of bitterness.
Very drinkable beer from a brewery I definitely rate.

View attachment 52924

Enjoying this one now. Lovely big belgian fluffy head into my goblet style wine glass.
Sweet pils malt taste and finish without being cloying. Good esters. A really nice tripel and as Argon said, dangerously drinkable at 9+%. The warm inner glow is the only hint of alcohol I'm getting...
Probably should eat something soon...

where do you guys get all these fancy beers?
i can only find a limited amount at dam surfies.

Latest posts

Back