Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amber.jpgbloody nice.jpglast night.jpggetting a liking for belgiums

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1491607676.801782.jpgNo longer in the glass. Hands down top three beers ever. Also most expensive, but worth every dollar. Insanely rich, complex, and balanced. The flavour goes on and on and in and… Anyone who doubts beer can be as good or better than the finest wines needs to get this in them.

UNREAL

Attack of the Killer Hops. When you get a huge wiff of hops as you are pouring the beer, theres a big chance that its going to be good. It was very good.

1491738149008.jpg

Didn't take a photo but did a longneck of the new stones wheat dipa on Sunday arvo.

Super clean and tasty.

nosco said:
Attack of the Killer Hops. When you get a huge wiff of hops as you are pouring the beer, theres a big chance that its going to be good. It was very good.
Where did you pick that up from Nosco? I've always been a fan of the MG rare breed range.

Malt and Vine in Newport i think. Always pretty good the rare breeds. Some really good.

Sadly this was now a week ago. My last full night of a work trip to France and the UK. Went to The Beehive for dinner, a cozy little pub just around the corner from where I was staying at the time.
The beer is a Beavertown Gamma Ray, it might be the best beer I've ever had, certainly right up there anyway. The Scotch Egg seemed to be a fitting way to farewell the UK: a duck egg surrounded by black pudding and covered in hollandaise sauce. Fortunately I didn't suffer an immediate heart attack and survived to tell the tale. Tried plenty of beers, some terrific, some just average...wish I was still over there!

med_gallery_30557_1283_370734.jpg
med_gallery_30557_1283_84822.jpg

Feral Tusk DIPA fresh from the keg at Saccharomyces - oh my yes. Restrained on the nose but so much resin and sweet fruit flavour. This has a big but brief night written all over it

IMG_20170413_153807.jpg

A few beers to drink buy the outdoor fire pit this long weekend. Hopefully my 5lt keg doesnt make the pils go south. Up in Myrtleford so a brewery or 2 is on the agenda too.

Edit: dam i forgot the KBS. Should have left the Guiness lol

1492065340156.jpg

Currently drinking a Feral Soy Fox Session Ale. Does anyone know if these are can conditioned? Could have sworn I saw a big gloop of yeast empty into my glass as I poured it and it's a very cloudy beer. Anyway, pretty nice easy drinker. Feral sure do know how to make them whiffy on the nose!

'Sailors Grave' - Altocumulus Blueberry Berliner Weisse
IMG_5316.JPG
Kind of disappointed to be honest, the dude at the bottlo RAVED about it so I grabbed the 4 pack. To me it tastes like cold-carbonated vegetable water that's left over after you've cooked freeze dried peas,corn,carrot mix in the saucepan.
Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, it's just like thin fizzy vege pop to me.
..maybe it's just me:/

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1492081523.737233.jpg

My tasting notes aren't great as my sense of smell is shit due to sinus issues, however this tastes like most Belgians I've had but a sweeter softer flavour. Not sure how else to describe it, but it tastes good [emoji16]

Im back on the Belgiums too. Very smooth for 9.5 even at a warmer temp. I havnt seen it around too often or maybe im just getting good at spotting beers.

1492166591739.jpg

Went to Stomping Ground brewpub today with a mate. 20 beers, all brewed in house. None perfect, so to speak, but all quite good. Perfect is a brewer's concern, really, as far as I'm concerned. Yes, I tasted them all, and a few pints of favourites. Really though, half full at 1pm on Good Friday, 3/4 full by 4pm. Welcome to the future of beer in Melbourne. Bring it on, I say!!! I still don't get why brewpubs here are going for fern bar/fitness club chic, but whatever.

View attachment 96625

Got a squealer of their Choc Bock, brewed with "cacao nibs and husks". Distinct smokiness. Not sure if that was the husks, or a touch of rauch malt to bring out the Choc flavours. Whatever. Fully enjoyed over here, eh? Choc enough for this Cock.

View attachment 96626

Latest posts

Back