Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hix Saison (had a few by this stage. Very easy to drink)

Blackmans Brewery Unfiltered Lager. Not bad but not impressed.

1460946090343.jpg

1460946169327.jpg

Tropical_Brews said:
SN Beer Club 2016 Tropical IPA now available at Beer Cartel so will probably hit Dan Murphys fairly soon if they made enough. 2015 Hoppy Lager was just fantastic they had it still listed on Dan's website but I tried but somehow the delivery option would not work..
Yep picked up a sixer of the new Beer camp from Dans yesterday, website still adverts it as last years oddly.

Knee Deep Brewery from the US

Hoptologist Double IPA

100ibu and 9%

Solid resinous flavour after a pungent aromatic nose. Bitterness pairs the abc. Awesome hoppy beer!

WP_20160416_006.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1461572156.750348.jpg

3 Ravens Double Black Oatmeal Stout. 40IBU 8%ABV

Wow! Best beer I've had in a long time. Beautifully smooth considering the strength.

Double ipa from the formally known stone and wood boys.
Do they brew this nectre in melbourne now?
Best ipa ive had since rogue 7 hop.

1461681418017.jpg

Could well be. I was reading Fixation were some sort of off-shoot from SW.

My dickhead, desk-jockey, IT professional....'mate', keeps sending me pics of pints of this when he has his liquid lunch at the Cherry Tree in Richmond most days, knowing full well I'm on a dry month.

**** stick !

Fixation is SWs new brewey, just for making IPAs purely based in the SW business model would not be for beers like that. It's a smart move because the market will be flooded soon with hop hungry craft beer drinkers.

Yes **** stick. Lol

Managed to get some SN Beer Camp Tropical IPA from Dan Murphys It is a cracker of an IPA get a good Orange and Mango hit from this. Get it while you can it will not be around very long the one off brews tend to be a cracker $92.00 a case. Best Aus IPA of similar is Nomad Brewing Jet Lag IPA which is no longer to be found on Dan's Website.

jetlag.png

TPAIPA.png

I tried the new Rare Breed from Mountain Goat

Zymurgist IPA

Pretty disappointing ipa to be honest.

Aroma was low to moderate from Simcoe / Amarillo

Flavour was filtered and no resin on the palate.

Bitterness from Super Pride / Polaris was edgey and close to unpleasant.

Not a rare breed beer like they used to make and really another poor example of the style made by an Aussie brewery.

WP_20160427_003.jpg

I picked up a growler of the 4th birthday hoppy Amber ale from young Henry's the other day.
I spoke to the owner about the beer and he said they went crazy on the hops.
The flavour and aroma are awesome, loads of resiny pine goodness.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1461913555.713276.jpg

Pratty1 said:
I tried the new Rare Breed from Mountain Goat

Zymurgist IPA

Pretty disappointing ipa to be honest.

Aroma was low to moderate from Simcoe / Amarillo

Flavour was filtered and no resin on the palate.

Bitterness from Super Pride / Polaris was edgey and close to unpleasant.

Not a rare breed beer like they used to make and really another poor example of the style made by an Aussie brewery.

attachicon.gif
WP_20160427_003.jpg
Any beer that includes an diagram and explanation of the olfactory system should be viewed with suspicion in my book.

I picked up a growler of the 4th birthday hoppy Amber ale from young Henry's the other day.
I spoke to the owner about the beer and he said they went crazy on the hops.
The flavour and aroma are awesome, loads of resiny pine goodness.

I have been a bit underwhelmed by their beers TBH. Had a few different bottles but their beers have been very 'bad homebrewy', ie weird low level off flavours/poor attenuation. Might try and catch some on tap, might be a bottling issue?

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1461946592.950979.jpgQuite a lineup for the evening, including an MG IPA that didn't make the cut, as mentioned above. But the Founder's Backwoods *******? Unreal! Then of course there was the hippy chloroform :)

Let me not disparage a single one of these beers. All at least VFG, and a few of them truly excellent.

Not much change from $100 there, mate !

That middle one sounded good in the Purvis email (I think). Belgian Rye Quad Barrely something something wasn't it ?

Latest posts

Back