Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa...

6146_10154089182711834_147519119785755126_n.jpg

12523841_10154089182521834_7822083633968395384_n.jpg

@batchbrewingcompany Nectorious B.I.G Sour Ale. Think Berlinner Weisse with nectarines. Amazeballs! #batchbrewing #sourale #lactobacillus

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1458806435.135649.jpg

Yea had the one with the green label too, something aged in white wine barrels? both were crazy good...!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1459498654.095608.jpg
I do know an oxidised beer but my taste buds are prob a bit off at the moment. More like my nose.
Last beer from a 4 pack. Not the most flavoursome amber I've had.
Maybe it is a bit old. Local BWS. Beers like this would not have high turnover from the place I bought from.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1459579684.904969.jpg
Fish River brewery pale ale on tap at Rydges Bathurst. First, I bought 2 beers from Dan Murphy's that were 19 and 14 months out of date respectively. Now, this abomination. Awful. Terrible. Tastes like it's been fermented at 35°C with old kit yeast and may even be infected. Sour and tastes like rotten oranges. Not sure if anyone's tried this but it is utter rubbish and shouldn't be allowed to be sold. Worst beer I've ever had second to Buffalo Brewery lager.

I returned it, politely citing there was something wrong with it and asking if others have drunk it. The chick behind the bar said "apparently that's how it's meant to taste, it's a beer you either love or hate". I held back my inner beer snob with much effort.

Southern Cross Brewing white single hop IPA (el dorado hop).

I finished it, but it's a weird amalgam of flavours and aromas that are fleetingly harmonious, but rapidly become incredibly discordant and rather unpleasant. Not sure why I finished it, probably because I am at heart a tight arse, but its shit.

image.jpeg

I had that one just a couple weeks ago. Good idea but only so-so execution. The El Dorado has potential with a Belgian base beer. However I totally agree about the clashing aromatics. I think it could work, but if that was my beer, it would need a lot more tweaking before I'd be happy..

Mardoo said:
I had that one just a couple weeks ago. Good idea but only so-so execution. The El Dorado has potential with a Belgian base beer. However I totally agree about the clashing aromatics. I think it could work, but if that was my beer, it would need a lot more tweaking before I'd be happy..
Agree with that. Its the germ of a good idea, but a long way off what it could or should be. I reckon if I'd made it, I'd bottle some to keep and compare to the next iteration; the rest I'd tip

Modus Operandi Pale Ale - Simcoe Minion 2015 AIBA Award.

WP_20160402_003.jpg

This brewery is kick arse for IPAs.

Massive distinct aroma, resinous flavour, smooth bitterness with very clean malt profile finishing dry.

The Americans have mastered this style, Aussie brewerys are not even close!

WP_20160402_010.jpg

AAAAAMMMMMAAAAZZZIIIIINNNNGGGG!!!!

8.2% and bloody sessionable.

The Chinook and centennial aroma is fkn solid.

Again, the US brewerys are doing something different to achieve this quality.

WP_20160402_013.jpg

Anniversary lunch at The Public Brewery, Croydon. First time I've been there, won't be the last.
1459668121333.jpg
Standout was the old fav, Hargreaves's Hill ESB.

Also had a nice Porter from, err, well that's not important. There's a nice porter on tap, go get it.

Thought so, unless they changed kegs over the weekend. I was in on Thurs afternoon. Dad had two pints of the porter and he liked the choc/roast combo.
I had Brendan's (PB's head brewer) Zythos pale and Mosaic/Topaz pale. Both very tasty, Mosaic was my favourite though.
It's a great place, good food too. The brisket plate was very good.

Hoegaarden $10.00 for Dan's members this month.

It is O.K. but does not really float my boat so will only get a few.

Maybe drank too many in Langkawi where it is all Duty Free.

Back