Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wowee. After the nail, we imbibed in this guy here. Delicious from what I remember.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1387573980.073143.jpg

Lost Abbey Saints Devotion. Got this at the same time as the Sauvin blanc. Both are delicious Bretty goodness.

Liam_snorkel said:
"Belgium wild IPA" from Denmark. Beer nerding out at the Brewhouse. Still tastes like an IPA but with that slight slimy start and hint of sourness that brett gives. Old mate says they have 12 of them so I said to keep 1/2 out of the fridge to see what Brett will give... $20 what a ******* bargain.
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1387544760.220046.jpg
I've liked all the To Ol beers I've tried , still trying to find 'Dangerously close to stupid"

I found four bottles of Moon Dog - Jumping The Shark at a bottle shop I've never been to before after talking to a fellow customer at my favorite battleshop. I called the battleshop and asked him to put them away for me and he told me that that wasn't necessary and they would be safe. I told him it was, in fact, quite necessary hahah. Last four bottles in Perth? I'm not sure, but I'm one happy camper.

Not in the glass yet but I ordered some beers from Two Metre Tall to be delivered to the inlaws to be enjoyed over the next week and today on their doorstep a slab of the dark apple ale and a slab of the spelt ale and a bottle of vintage 2009 sour. Tasting notes and pics to follow when I'm on the other side of bass strait.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1387623092.370301.jpg

Moon Dog/Nøgne Ø - Selvmordstokt
For a wheat porter with sour cherry wine from those crazy Moon Dog people I'm actually finding this pretty well balanced, if not a little tame. I was definitely expecting something a little more sour. What cherry taste is there, is nice. The smell as soon as you open the bottle is very nice. The taste lingers just long enough. It's a good beer and better than the ratebeer ratings suggest.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1387626755.543818.jpg

Founders - Double Trouble
Another perfect DIPA. I'm starting to wonder if there are any double IPA's out there that I don't actually like. No point analyzing it, it's amazing. Come get some!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1387626825.810429.jpg

Clown Shoes - Hoppy Feet 1.5
Only the second beer I've tried from Clown Shoes and the second beer of theirs that I've loved. It's like a perfect mullet with the right combination of party and business. Stout up front, hops at the back. Surprisingly more chocolate flavors than I was expecting. Enjoying it.

SNPA from a bet that hawks would beat Fremantle in the GF.
It was a privelidge to be there.
Carn Hawks

1387676127808.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1387695411.134610.jpg Two Metre Tall Dark Apple Ale. Excellent malt character can really taste the apple.

I have to thank soundawakehttp://aussiehomebrewer.com/user/20549-soundawake/ for telling me about Belair wine something or other in SA. Fantastic variety, nothing comparable in SA
Got me a haul
WP_20131222_001 2.jpg

Always love visting brown town so started with the tumbler. Simply fantastic. Malty and chocolatey. Just enough bitterness to remind you that you are drinking a beer. Would love to have something this delicious on tap at home
WP_20131222_004 2.jpg

I purchased centennial for a bell's two hearted clone. I haven't tried a bell's. I have now tried a founders. i will brew a founders instead.That's my heroic story
nice hops in every way (bitter, flavour, aroma), malt is balanced and alcohol is well concealed. This feels sessionable but i know deep down it isn't
WP_20131222_006 2.jpg

I can understand why the Tsaritsa was so smitten with him
WP_20131222_010 2.jpg

xmas pressie.. will probably drink at New Years when Im back from Brizzie.. Had a few hours to kill while the car was being services so spent a little quality time at Purvis.

xmas beers.JPG

Not a bad selection methinks :icon_drool2:

I know feck all about some of them so will be interesting :)

SN DevETATion. Not too bad but a bit more roast and a bit less hop than I wanted in this BIPA. I wouldn't spend that much on this beer again if I was presented the option. A few goodies tucked for Xmas day!

Nice, a slight spice to it, good all round
WP_20131223_002 2.jpg

As sessionable as an IPA can get imo
WP_20131223_004 2.jpg

Latest posts

Back