Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What dates on that Big Eye Liam, I grabbed one from Dan's yesterday before heading back to the bush and its got a different label, but all the beers i grabbed had reasonable dates. Is it real fresh?

Edit: typo

I'm not near the bottle at the moment but that is the "new" label (old one was more blue, writing red/orange, bigger fish). It changed less than a year ago if I recall correctly. The only other difference I've had since then is the lids - some are white with red print, some are bare metal with black print. Haven't bothered to check the dates on those either.

From memory the art change is around a sept best before end date.

I just have one in my hand, new art BBE 08/14

I just put a box in the fridge (new art).

Happy New Year people.

No pics but had a couple of beers on tap at Alehouse 24 in Ipswich for my birthday. Was pretty pissed by the end and this is what I remember:
1) Little Creatures IPA - pretty good. Fairly mild for an IPA (more like a slightly strong pale ale) but nice hoppy taste.
2) Matilda Bay Ruby Tuesday - a bit meh. Red ale that was a bit watery. Expected more.
3) Stone and Wood Garden Ale - yummy. Well balanced pale ale that was very sessionable. Had a couple. Pick of the day.
4) James Squire Hop Thief - not bad. More hops than the Garden Ale but not as nice.
5) some cherry beer that tasted like soft drink. Not my thing.
6) Kooinda pale ale - see notes for James Squire Hop Thief.

Thumbs up to Alehouse 24. It is a good venue with regular tap rotations. A place like Ipswich should count its lucky stars it has a venue with 24 craft beers on tap. Just wish I could get there more often. No affiliation and all that.

Lindemans gueze cuvée Rene. Never had a lindemans, and I expected sweet, but this is a traditional gueze, and it isn't sweet at all haha. Quite the opposite!. Bretty,woody aroma, bracingly sour but pretty smooth. I'd get it again.

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
IMG_20131225_184946.jpg

Note to self:

Must clean the crack off the counter before taking photo's :p

Rodenbach grand cru. I like gueze and lambic but this is my fave sour. Just so rich and intense and so many weirdo flavours. Almost a slight balsamic about it in a very good way. Love this beer. I have 2 carboys of Flanders brown on the fridge as we speak. About a month old. Another 17 or so til I bottle it. I need to buy a house with a big cellar haha.

No pic it didn't happen. B)

Hey at two bucks a can this stuff is really sinfully delicious and hits the spot on a hot day in a way that boutique ciders could never do (in much the same way that a Whopper Double Beef and Cheese, large fries and large onion rings can step up to the plate at midnight at Circular Quay) - packed by Independant Distillers of Haagen infamy "under supervision of" MegaEvilInterbrew conglomerate. Maybe some concentrate that gets sent over?

:super: :super:

somersby.jpg

lukiferj said:
Maybe try smoking it instead. Hippy.
Watching some good blues, might have to chase it with a bourbon.

Had a couple of Epic pale ales last night alongside SN torpedo. In a blind tasting you'd pick Epic as the bigger beer. So. Much. Cascade.

Liam_snorkel said:
Watching some good blues, might have to chase it with a bourbon.
Admit it, you are that arsehole playing the djembe with no sense of rhythm at 7:00 in the morning.

Couple of FIGJAMs at the newmarket hotel after a hot, stuffy funeral in a catholic church. Talk about hitting the spot and a nice surprise.

image.jpg a nice triple and gueze blend .
image.jpg nice solid geuze and another duvel thrice hopped beauty image.jpg

Latest posts

Back