Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After being away for two weeks I was just a little bit happy to pick up a mixed sixer from my favorite bottelo.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1387462210.262027.jpg

Moon Dog - Toffee Apple Amber Ale.Very drinkable. Not as sweet as the name implies. Beautiful aroma that envelops you as soon as you open the bottle.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1387462230.362302.jpg

Buxton / To Øl - Sky Mountain Sour.A well balanced sour. Sessionable summer time beer. Fruity, sour sherbet.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1387462246.728849.jpg

Sixpoint - Resin.
Delicious. So well balanced for a DIPA. I had to try some straight from the can, it was amazing. If they were a bit cheaper, it would be my new beer to take to the beach, or on 4wd camping trips where bottles smash too easily.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1387462361.728515.jpg

To Øl - Black Malts & Body Salts.
Yet to drink.

Moon Dog - Lando Kardashian.
Yet to drink.

Deschutes - Obsidian Stout.
Yet to drink. I'll edit and update as I go through them.

Only just realised you can't edit. Here's the final two.

Moon Dog - Lando Kardashian Triple IPA
Much better than its low ratings on RateBeer would suggest. Pretty tame for a triple IPA to be honest. Very tasty though and will buy again.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1387476500.620206.jpg

Deschutes - Obsidian Stout
A classic example of a good stout. Nothing that stands out to me and most definitely nothing that turns me off. Perhaps it's getting a little warm to really enjoy stouts.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1387476697.719660.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1387489378.898982.jpgGood morning! And welcome to Christmas vacation :)
So far I have yet to be disappointed by one of Bridge Road's offerings. Nice and caramelly, this one. Is that a hint of Belgian yeast?

Dave I didn't think it was that bad mate , was like a quick n easy all grain home brew ale but in a can which I thought was very cute . I won't be rushing to buy more but very drinkable I felt .

Right o , it's ******* cold o clock as I type this on me iphone in England ! The big freeze is on but fuk it , a few skivvies and a beany and I am just like home sitting (shivering)outside drinking n smoking with the best of them :) here we go lads image.jpg
Lovely duvel triple hop 9.5% 2013 sorachi ace , saaz saaz , Styrian goldings .
Am hoping it will be very nice but I sculled it tonight as a hungry hop twat .
image.jpg
Palm hop select 6% very nice but nothing special ,
image.jpg
Forgot % but was a very nice n meaty English Indian pale ale

image.jpg
Girardin white label gueuze
Very nice subtle sour , a sweet filtered one , very drinkable and non sour drinker friendly .
image.jpg
O M F G this is what I am looking for , big big nose , massive smack in the mouth , Fukuoka orgasmictreomic , ohihma drool able happy joy joy :)

Much better than the white .

northside novice said:
Dave I didn't think it was that bad mate , was like a quick n easy all grain home brew ale but in a can which I thought was very cute . I won't be rushing to buy more but very drinkable I felt .
Yeah, not bad, like. Certainly a beer I'd be willing to pass around if I made a batch. But look at the Giraidan for example. No need for vast claims on the label pimping its own awesomeness or need to prime your perception by telling you what's in the bottle.
Why? Because it is awesome, and they know it. Now you know it to. It could have been a cleanskin frankly in a PET bottle.

I never use to be this censorious you know, I was happy just to have a beer in my hand.
Hombrewing changes a man.

image.jpg

BOON geuze 8.5%

From the fat into the bloody fire me !
De fuking lish , probably the best I have tried to date . Most I just one night stand boom boom ,
Very clean and dirty sweet n sour good n bad , similar to a perfect marriage but with an earthy dirty secret , yum :)

Cascade Pale Ale.jpg

One of the few Australian beers I remember as being as good as they were in the 1970s.
Smooth, full bodied, lovely hop balance.

Mother's milk. and 5% ABV.

Apparently Fosters have realised it's sitting on a potentially good seller as they have pooncified it a bit, and apparently going to promote it more. Funnily enough Fosters used to taste not unlike this before it got gutted. Good old days of yore.

"Belgium wild IPA" from Denmark. Beer nerding out at the Brewhouse. Still tastes like an IPA but with that slight slimy start and hint of sourness that brett gives. Old mate says they have 12 of them so I said to keep 1/2 out of the fridge to see what Brett will give... $20 what a ******* bargain.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1387544760.220046.jpg

Bribie G said:
attachicon.gif
Cascade Pale Ale.jpg

One of the few Australian beers I remember as being as good as they were in the 1970s.
Smooth, full bodied, lovely hop balance.

Mother's milk. and 5% ABV.

Apparently Fosters have realised it's sitting on a potentially good seller as they have pooncified it a bit, and apparently going to promote it more. Funnily enough Fosters used to taste not unlike this before it got gutted. Good old days of yore.
It a nice beer, but it does play well with other beers.. used to drink it all the time, but if you strayed.. you paid.
Keen for a decent recipe.. :)

I have a (an?) half-demolished sixer of the Nail Oatmeal in the fridge. Unfortunately the couple I tried had been a little agitated and it has a pretty thick sediment, so it was very nice, but a touch yeasty. I might have a settled one after my various merry imbibages.

Latest posts

Back