Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 36268

Still one of my favourite beers. Ever. It will take me an hour to sip this one away, and I'll savour every mouthful

me too mate. Much better than the 10 IMO.

Might have to track down a bottle of 2 i think.

I take it you have been past warners bay?

View attachment 36267

Continuing the dark ale/porter thing... Particularly impressed with the kiwi porter, really subtle roasty notes, balanced maltiness/hop bitterness with a subtle hop flavour. I would buy it again...

Tuatara make some great beers. I was in Kiwi land last year and deliberately didn't buy any of their beers because the label looked boring (I hadn't done much research so I had to make my purchase decisions based off something).

Wifey came back with a couple of their bottles (Hefe and English IPA from memory) and they were great!

Im in Mudgee and im bringing back a couple bottles of Mudgee pale ale. I bought it from a bottle shop, out of the fridge directly across the road from the brewery, so it cant have had a hard time on the road.

Its so pale and bland its not funny, and it tastes infected. Its got a hot kit beer yeast taste to it.

zero stars....... pics later this week!

cheers

I really don't like to knock local craft breweries with my limited knowledge and experience as I know how hard it is for them to make a foothold in their industry... but I have to agree. I have given the Mudgee beers a try on at least half a dozen occasions now and each time I have been very very underwhelmed. The last time was with a very experienced pro-brewer present and he actually couldn't finish the beer...

I really don't like to knock local craft breweries with my limited knowledge and experience as I know how hard it is for them to make a foothold in their industry... but I have to agree. I have given the Mudgee beers a try on at least half a dozen occasions now and each time I have been very very underwhelmed. The last time was with a very experienced pro-brewer present and he actually couldn't finish the beer...

I'd ask to speak with the brewer and ask what his plan was.

Im the same mate. I am so disapointed that a micro can produce such poor beer.

I got some last time i was in town and it was ok but had that dirty yeast taste to it.

Next trip im going to organise to be here late in the week and visit at night when they are open and try from the tap. Id be interested to seei f its just the bottles. I know a local hunter brewery had a similar problem a while back.

THe beer is paler than folster light ice...... its like water. I cant believe it!

Pete..... when i get home and get time..... i do plan to ring for a chat.... just to find out

DSC00071.JPG

Felt like a nightcap, so am enjoying this one before bed. Another very impressive stout from an Aus micro... Still believe it's much better from the tap though. So glad I can say that.

Felt like a nightcap, so am enjoying this one before bed. Another very impressive stout from an Aus micro... Still believe it's much better from the tap though. So glad I can say that.

Is it very coffee in flavour? The few stouts I've tried I didn't like that much for that reason. I liked most porters though.

I don't really get any coffee at all too much from TAOS. Roasty flavours, yes, but not OTT. I would say the roast/malt/hops are quite well balanced. And at only 5.9% the alcohol is not so big that it gets in the way if that makes sense. It really is a sessionable stout if you like dark beers

Birra Toccalmatto Fume du Sanglier (Smoke of the Wild Boar?). Smoked (Beechwood) Dark Ale.

gallery_1950_543_16649.jpg

Aroma of light smokiness with subtle fruity esters. Flavour well balanced between dark malt and smoke character with restrained bitterness, with pleasant lingering smoky after taste and no particular aspect dominating. Low carbonation with medium to heavy body giving velvety mouth feel. Wonderfully balanced beer. Me like!

The website is worth a look http://www.birratoccalmatto.it - click on the Union Jack for the English translation; it's hilarious!

Finishing my night off with one of these....

View attachment 36271
... I haven't sampled one for a few months, but the memories flood back quick. Goddamn this beer is drinking well at the moment. Intense aromas and flavours... everything from plum pudding to dried fruits and vanillas to hints of cinnamon... long long languid mouthfeel. I wish I had of forked out for two cartons

Murrays have glasswear? I need to replace some who didn't last out the weekend. Seriously good beer that one.

Birra Toccalmatto Fume du Sanglier (Smoke of the Wild Boar?). Smoked (Beechwood) Dark Ale.

Aroma of light smokiness with subtle fruity esters. Flavour well balanced between dark malt and smoke character with restrained bitterness, with pleasant lingering smoky after taste and no particular aspect dominating. Low carbonation with medium to heavy body giving velvety mouth feel. Wonderfully balanced beer. Me like!

The website is worth a look http://www.birratoccalmatto.it - click on the Union Jack for the English translation; it's hilarious!

Where did you pick that sucker up, bum? I havent seen their beers around anywhere...

No photo, but thought I'd share that I'm sipping a 06/07 Booze Goon, I mean Boon Oude Geuze. No complaints here, this is bloody marvellous stuff. I like the little extra gravity, I often wish these super dry beers had a little more oomph for overall depth, this is delivering.

Where did you pick that sucker up, bum? I havent seen their beers around anywhere...

No idea. Look up - not my post.

I'd quite like to grab one myself after reading hefevice's post.

His pic looks for all the world like it was taken in a hotel room. I hope he isn't partaking in the country of origin.

That is one sexy photo, did you take the shot? Looks really good.

Andrew

Back