Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anniversary Ale 4
I daresay it's a bit young. Lots of ripe stonefruit and zesty citrus hop aromas, rich bodied yet not as much as I would expect from a 10% beer, the carbonation is on the lively side for a Barleywine. Caramel malts and dried fruits in the background with a big assertive bitterness to finish.
Very nice but a bit raw.

I had similar thoughts on the AA4. Mine actually gushed from the bottle on opening. Way to overcarbed for my tastes. My fear is the couple of bottles I have in storage are going to get more carbed over time, to its detriment.

Compared to their other anniversary beers, this one does not live up to the comparison. That is more of a compliment to the first 3 versions, than a direct bagging of this beer. I will be withholding my judgement on it, for another few years at least.

Compared to their other anniversary beers, this one does not live up to the comparison. That is more of a compliment to the first 3 versions, than a direct bagging of this beer. I will be withholding my judgement on it, for another few years at least.
I'd definately recommend a couple of years. Not sure if that would do much to help the carbonation.
It says 5-10 years on the bottle, I really don't see it going the distance for the full 10, 5 maybe but there doesn't seem to be enough body to survive the decade. Plus all those nice hop aromas will have gone to waste! ;)

Just thought I would grab a few to take home from the wheaty!

19012010074.jpg

That Southern Tier Unearthly IIPA you have there is a very nice beer.
Lots of hop but balanced with plenty of malt background.
A dangerously balanced beer for its strength...

Had this last night after a trip to Platinum Cellars....

Hercules Double IPA

80IBU. 9.1% alc

As expected, bitter with loads of "C" hops.. I found it quite unbalanced though with an alcohol warmth that just gets worse..

Hannah.jpg

Had this last night after a trip to Platinum Cellars....
Hercules Double IPA
80IBU. 9.1% alc
As expected, bitter with loads of "C" hops.. I found it quite unbalanced though with an alcohol warmth that just gets worse..

Their Titan IPA is sooooo much better! Pine forest anyone? :icon_drool2:

Haha, odd. The Hercules IPA is actually my favourite beer to date.

I think Murryas 2IPA $h!ts all over the Hercules to be honest...

Next up to Try is Mikkelers Big WOrse BarleyWine.... Cant wait for that!!

They are hugely different beers. I have a soft spot for the hercules too - it was probably the first truly outrageous american beer I have had.

That being said, the Icon is a beautiful beer.

That Southern Tier Unearthly IIPA you have there is a very nice beer.
Lots of hop but balanced with plenty of malt background.
A dangerously balanced beer for its strength...
didn't rate this to highly, although the alc is hidden very well... not much else really exciting going on here....

or are my taste buds burnt out with all the hoppy beers i've been drinking lately....?

JImmy

didn't rate this to highly, although the alc is hidden very well... not much else really exciting going on here....

or are my taste buds burnt out with all the hoppy beers i've been drinking lately....?

JImmy

Going to go ahead and say ... yes? I had it and it was delicious. There was quite a bit going on from both the malt and the hops.

What beers have you been having lately that are more hoppy than this?!

I heard somewhere that he makes his own?

Next up to Try is Mikkelers Big WOrse BarleyWine.... Cant wait for that!!
Don't even start me on how good this beer is! :icon_drool2:
Though I gotta say their Black Hole is just mind blowing! :icon_drool2: :icon_drool2:

Had a bit of a brewing hiatus - small children; interesting work, and lots of it; etc - you know how it is. Consequently, lots of commercial.

Most recently I've fallen in love with Red Duck Bengal.

Also tried a bottle of Bridge Road's Chevallier, which I'm obliged to like as it's very close to my own Saison. ;)

After a summer holiday, I'm back to brewing - a Wit, TTL or another Saison.

T.

Had a bit of a brewing hiatus - small children; interesting work, and lots of it; etc - you know how it is. Consequently, lots of commercial.

Most recently I've fallen in love with Red Duck Bengal.

Also tried a bottle of Bridge Road's Chevallier, which I'm obliged to like as it's very close to my own Saison. ;)

After a summer holiday, I'm back to brewing - a Wit, TTL or another Saison.

T.
yes that red duck ipa is beautiful!, i got my last six pack straight from the source when I drove through camperdown a cuple of months back

P1170398.JPG

Speaking of red duck , these are my efforts from last saturday.
That seeing double was interesting, the guy wasnt kidding about the peat in it, real smoky taste.

cheers seb.

A couple I have had lately
Rogue Dead Guy Ale, thought this had more of a malt presence rather than their usual hop. I know a couple have said it's not all that good, but i thought it was decent just different to their norm.
DSC00124.JPG

And
Meantime Saison
Now this is a great beer, after doing a good 10hrs of mowing lawns yesterday I wanted a nice beer and boy did I get it with this, I wish mine was close to this, but alas it is no where near it.

DSC00126.JPG

Latest posts

Back