Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had my last bottle of number 2 (Ha, number 2) on sunday night. Drinking a lot better than when I last had one 12 months ago, not that there was any issue with it then. I was surprised that I was still getting a lot of hop flavor from it. Amazing beer indeed. I'm thinking I might crack a bottle of number 4 this weekend, as I havn't had one fresh yet......

I've got a bottle each of vintage 1, 2, 3 and 4. I'm thinking of putting them in a mates wine cellar for a couple of years to see how they go (if the ******* doesn't drink them).

:lol: ROTHFLMO

Hopefully I'll be appearing quite often in the "What are you brewing thread" over the next few months. :D

I had never tried SNPA, but from all the talk about it I thought that I should go out and get me some.
Bought a 6 pack for $37 and chilled one down in the freezer.
Tried one and very disappointed. What is all the hype about. Just another very ordinary APA.

I dont find it worthy of taking and posting a photo.

I would have been better off buying a 6 pack of LCPA. I just hope that the Timothy Taylor Strong Pale Ale is going to be good.

A very disappointed Gregor.

I had never tried SNPA, but from all the talk about it I thought that I should go out and get me some.
Tried one and very disappointed. What is all the hype about. Just another very ordinary APA.

I believe thats called "hype causing overexpectation". i dont think i will go and see avatar now as a result. :(

It was very cold out of the freezer, so I thought to be fair I should let it warm up a bit.
Bugger all difference. Probably worse if anything. Wont be buyong that shite again.
Bughger, I still have 5 more left.

I dont find it worthy of taking and posting a photo.

I would have been better off buying a 6 pack of LCPA. I just hope that the Timothy Taylor Strong Pale Ale is going to be good.

A very disappointed Gregor.

Whats the freshness date? Or can you atleast give the number written on the side of the bottle in the white square if you arent familiar with how SN give dates?

Also, 37 dollars seems like a lot for a 6er of that beer.

Whats the freshness date? Or can you atleast give the number written on the side of the bottle in the white square if you arent familiar with how SN give dates?

Also, 37 dollars seems like a lot for a 6er of that beer.

Best before 23/07/10

I agree, $20 would be too much for a 6 pack of this beer.

I suppose it all comes down to personal taste, but this one doesnt do it for me.

Gregor (a bit happier now, I have had some of my own APA with some flavour).

Best before 23/07/10

I agree, $20 would be too much for a 6 pack of this beer.

I suppose it all comes down to personal taste, but this one doesnt do it for me.

Gregor (a bit happier now, I have had some of my own APA with some flavour).

Ha, that's odd. Im assuming then that its only about 3-4 months old. Either way, the last one I had was awesome and a great example of the style. Personal taste I guess.

Personal taste I guess.

I've found a huge difference in quality from bottle to bottle of this beer. Only one of the eight was any good, really - but, man, was that one good!

I've found a huge difference in quality from bottle to bottle of this beer. Only one of the eight was any good, really - but, man, was that one good!

I see. When I first saw it here, maybe 2 years ago I picked up a sixer. That was awesome. The last one I had, admittedly after I had consumed a few other beers already, was very good too.

However, since many of these bottles are travelling a bloody long way (via other countries sometimes) before they get here, it's not suprising that some aren't up to scratch.

Get adventerous man, I want to see some crazy IPA's!!

I have chewed through a 6 pk of Sierra Torpedo... It is just the local bottlo is not to stocked with specialty stuff by the seems of it...

Went to dinner at another brewhouse restaurant, name escapes me, the other night and had their IPA = awesome.

Any tips on some good IPA's ??

Since it's winter there atm, i'd assume Sierra Nevada Celebration would be available? The Torpedo is awesome BTW, you can get it here these days.

Well, I saw you had the stone arrogant ******* so I assumed stone was an option. I'd get any of their beers in a heartbeat - though my views on a lot of these beers are based on reviews rather than experience. That being said, whenever I try a beer that I've been excited about through heresay, I'm rarely dissapointed.

Ok, just looked up a few bottle stores in LA, found one with an online site to give an idea of what beers actually make it in to LA. Good selection - Alesmith, Oskar Blues, Green Flash, Port Brewing, Lagunitas, Stone, Victory - the list goes on. Again, have tried very few of these but they get a very good rep on the various sites.

Here is a collection of some beers I had over the holiday break.

Hoegaarden Grand Cru - Had a gusher issue which meant I had to filter all the suspended yeast out of the glass. Still tasted great. Would love to know what a clean example is like, would be magic.

Leffe Bruin

Lord Nelson 3 Sheets - Consistently one of the best brewery's and beers I have ever tasted

Hoegaarden_Grand_Cru.JPG

Leffe_Bruin.JPG

Lord_Nelson___3_Sheets.JPG

Saison Dupont Biologique - tart and light in the mouth. It shocked the palate initially, but was a delicious beer

Mc Chouffe

Schwelmer Pilsner - A fairly unexciting pilsner. Not bad, but not great either.

Mc_Chouffe.JPG

Saison_Dupont_Biologique.JPG

Schwelmer_Pilsners.JPG

White Shield IPA - Great English IPA, Earthy aroma and taste, and one of the nicer bottles/labels I have seen in a while

Murrays Growler - Not a beer as such, but a great way to take a 6 pack to a party.

White_Shield_IPA.JPG

White_Shield_IPA_2.JPG

Murrays_Growler.JPG

Couple of Murrays beers had over the past week.
Murrays_006.jpg
Dark Knight
A porter of modest strength but has plenty of woody roasted character, almost cigar-like at times.
Really enjoy this one, glad I bought a case!

Murrays_003.jpg
Anniversary Ale 4
I daresay it's a bit young. Lots of ripe stonefruit and zesty citrus hop aromas, rich bodied yet not as much as I would expect from a 10% beer, the carbonation is on the lively side for a Barleywine. Caramel malts and dried fruits in the background with a big assertive bitterness to finish.
Very nice but a bit raw.

Latest posts

Back