Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pumpy, have you had the standard Dead Guy? I've been thinking about giving the Double Dead Guy a crack but was a little under-whelmed with the single mortuary version and can't be sure the Double will give the oomph in the areas I felt the original might have lacked.

I have heard that the standard dead guy is barely comparable to the double.

The double dead guy is a damn fine ale. Probably the best offering I've tried from Rogue. The way they make cascade taste within it is really cool.

Zywiec porter.

Had this before and have found it full flavoured and rich with chocolate and warm alcohol notes (it's a baltic porter).

However a few recently have had a metallic twang which I ocassionally get from some darker beers. To make it more confusing the metallic twang can sometimes only be in occasional mouthfuls while others are fine.

Am I going nuts or do others get this?

AG's 5ibc Rust, a ******* Great Beer.

Scotty

This beer was nuts. Had a lambic night (without pics, how stoopid) and this was, for me, the hardest to drink. Someone else with a stomach of steel finished off my glass.

Pumpy, have you had the standard Dead Guy? I've been thinking about giving the Double Dead Guy a crack but was a little under-whelmed with the single mortuary version and can't be sure the Double will give the oomph in the areas I felt the original might have lacked.

For me, these two beers are not really all that similar. The dead guy was a little underwhelming, my least favourite of the Rogue beers I've enjoyed. I would drink it, but not at the price it is, and would drink local micros over it anyday. The Double is a different story. Try it. 6 bucks and my left nut says you'll like it...

AG's 5ibc Rust, a ******* Great Beer.

Scotty

Got me excited now. Will try it on thursday if the local IBU'ers haven't drunk it dry.

Can someone suggest a bottle shop where I can get some decent beers.
I live in Kings Langley and yesterday tried the Blacktown Dan Murphys and Northmead Cellars with little success.

I need to get my hands on some SNPA, TTLA & Epic.

Any suggestions?

Gregor

i use platinum in north strathfield

I live in Kings Langley and yesterday tried the Blacktown Dan Murphys and Northmead Cellars with little success.

Any suggestions?

Gregor

Platinum Cellars, Concord Road, Concord/North Strathfield

i could spend hours and hours (not to mention a $hitload of money) in that joint...

I drank this beer with the pudding on Xmas day. A really nice beeer with sourness that isn't OTT.

:icon_drool2:

Goudenband.jpg

Any suggestions?

Gregor

I'm sorry but this has been bugging me for days. What is TTLA?

CommAle.jpg

This is not tasting too bad at all.

Reminded me a lot of coopers vintage ale. Nice and malty, dried fruit, got better as it warmed.

the missus said to have ONE beer tonight.... what do ya think? biggie or small?
See this is the reason why the bouncers at the local pub never believe i've only had 4 beers!

Brewboy's Schweinhund, mit schweinhund
Schwienhund..jpg
Really liking the beers from this brewery. Ace of Spades is in my taphouse top ten. Although this was just an opportunity to take a photo of the dog its namesake beer, it was certainly good drinking. Was a bit overcarbed, but tart and clovey which is how I like my weizens. Got a bit of a fruit flavor, not really bannana, something more tropical perhaps. Top drinking on a stinking humid QLD day.

Wife and kids left today for a little holiday. What better way to celebrate then by cracking a bottle of Murrays Anniversary Ale II and trying it in my new Scotch Thistle Glass (thanks to Tidal Pete for the glass swap).
SNC00299.jpg

Wow. This beer is amazing. Long lasting head, fruity/sweet aroma and a great finish that combines malt and bitterness.

Wife and kids left today for a little holiday. What better way to celebrate then by cracking a bottle of Murrays Anniversary Ale II and trying it in my new Scotch Thistle Glass (thanks to Tidal Pete for the glass swap).
SNC00299.jpg

Wow. This beer is amazing. Long lasting head, fruity/sweet aroma and a great finish that combines malt and bitterness.
Had my last bottle of number 2 (Ha, number 2) on sunday night. Drinking a lot better than when I last had one 12 months ago, not that there was any issue with it then. I was surprised that I was still getting a lot of hop flavor from it. Amazing beer indeed. I'm thinking I might crack a bottle of number 4 this weekend, as I havn't had one fresh yet......

Latest posts

Back