Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently drinking a Mountain Goat Summer Ale (the one in the orange can). On special from Dan's. I've had it a few times and enjoyed it.
There is something wrong this time. Some sort of infection. I'm a few sips in and it is tough to drink. Really nasty aftertaste. Best before 03/01/18. I think I realise why it's on special.
Anyone else had the same problem?

Had this beer the other night. Very nice indeed. Couldn't drink to many. Would end up with extreme memory loss from the night

1488526714843.jpg

kalbarluke said:
Currently drinking a Mountain Goat Summer Ale (the one in the orange can). On special from Dan's. I've had it a few times and enjoyed it.
There is something wrong this time. Some sort of infection. I'm a few sips in and it is tough to drink. Really nasty aftertaste. Best before 03/01/18. I think I realise why it's on special.
Anyone else had the same problem?
Not that particular beer, but yep. Even though I just spent twenty minutes or more selecting wisely, I'm still a sucker for an impulse buy on the way out.
Oddly I can never seem find a decent stout or barley wine in those bargain bins..

Hertog Jan - double dubbel.

Delicious! Was checking out a bottle shop courtesy of yob and stumbled across this and the triple. Going to have the triple tomorrow at my nephews birthday. $25 for two 500ml ceramic bottles. I think I'll be going back over the weekend for more. So bloody digestible!

IMG_4163.JPG

Samuel Smith's Organic Pale Ale and their Oatmeal Stout, courtesy of my lovely wife, who added enough shine to a somewhat dark day for me to enjoy the sunset. Pictured with vegan black bean and deep-fried eggplant tacos, which I made for a vegan AHB friend on a recent maxi-brewday, and they were so damn good I had to make them again.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1489140179.445505.jpg

BTW if you can find the La Tortillera tortillas, they are the ******* bomb!

no photos of the glass, but this was a pretty tasty drop with a very malty taste tonight

beer_147755.jpg

Was at Bridge Rd yesterday, favourite brewery. Had chestnut Pilsner, Enigma Pilsner, APA, Bling IPA, Chevalier Saison and the "T" May Day Hills barrel fermented Brett IPA with green tea. All outstanding, Saison and Brett IPA my favourites, took some home.

Was at Bright Brewery the day before and the beers are not in the same class as Bridge Rd. They are nice, but there is nothing unique or special about them. More frustratingly they had none of the special release beers on their menu available except for the Gose which was a bit too sweet from what I know about Gose (admittedly not much other than it should be salty and I have read salt can come across as sweet in some situations?).

They aim for the cyclist and rider crowd who are proper less beer geeky and just want a good cold beer so they are probably hitting the mark and making a bit of dosh so good on them.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
Was at Bridge Rd yesterday, favourite brewery. Had chestnut Pilsner, Enigma Pilsner, APA, Bling IPA, Chevalier Saison and the "T" May Day Hills barrel fermented Brett IPA with green tea.....
Hey Deej, did you try their (Celtic) Red ale? Just wondering what's it's like on tap these days. It used to be great but seemed to be diminished in more recent years.

technobabble66 said:
Hey Deej, did you try their (Celtic) Red ale? Just wondering what's it's like on tap these days. It used to be great but seemed to be diminished in more recent years.
Nope, I didn't mainly because I love it so much and wanted to try others (lol). I did buy a 4 pack of it and will likely be having those on Monday. Will report back how it is from bottles but sorry no report from tap. I did notice a lot of people were drinking it though on the day FWIW.

I'm currently in Canada and pushing my way through a heap of local British Columbian beers. Favourite brewery so far is called Bad Tattoo and they make an excellent pale ale. Funnily enough, tappd indicates that they use all Aussie hopsImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1489205262.102037.jpg

And backing it up again tonight. After my nephews 1st and drinking the VeryBlands today, I have been thinking about this all day. I suspect an early night will follow.

This stuff is golden. Will have to pickup some more in the next few days.

IMG_4164.JPG

Mardoo said:
Samuel Smith's Organic Pale Ale and their Oatmeal Stout, courtesy of my lovely wife, who added enough shine to a somewhat dark day for me to enjoy the sunset. Pictured with vegan black bean and deep-fried eggplant tacos, which I made for a vegan AHB friend on a recent maxi-brewday, and they were so damn good I had to make them again.

Going back to Blighty in a few weeks, my parents local is a Sam Smiths so will grab a few of these.
As an aside, most of the stuff coming out of their taps is swill.

Double post...

Been drinking Stone 'Go To' IPA recently. Good drop, will look for more of their stuff

Samuel Adams said:
The best beers I tried on a trip to NZ last week all drank out of a $1 beer glass from the local opshop.

All purchased from the small coastal, farming town of Waipu north of Auckland.

Tuatara mixed sixer and a 650ml IPA
Really fresh and well handled beers !
attachicon.gif
IMG_7557.JPG
The Helles was a nice showcase of what the hop Pacific Jade brings to the table (herbally, resinous hard to explain for mine)
The NZ Pils is a nice beer to slam down during the "hot" (NZ weather) day, slight citrus not overpowering.
The Wheat was fantastic, super aromatic clove & bannana and taste too with some vanilla aswell.
The IPA is an English style and a great one at that although only 5% and not very bitter so tasted more like a nice ESB to me.
The Sauvinova is a single hop pale ale with you guessed it NS, anyone who doesn't like NS should give this a try first...WOW !
The Aotearoa NZPA I've had before and wasn't overly impressed but this one was fresh and fantastic.
The Amarillo was a "US dark ale" (American brown to me) was pretty good, chocolaty with nice US hop fruit on top.

Liberty Brewing Citra double IPA
attachicon.gif
IMG_7564.JPG
Freakin wow, 9% and 99 IBU and smooth as hell, so much fruit flavour !

8 Wired iStout
attachicon.gif
IMG_7602.JPG
Angain wow, never had a bad beer from these guys and this is one of the best Imperial stouts I've ever had (only $11 too)

Garage Project Hapi Daze
attachicon.gif
IMG_7608.JPG
Real easy to drink this one
WHY was I not told about this earlier?
A beer that has my friggin' name on it!

Dave70 said:
Try something different, I said to myself perusing the beers on hand at Dans last weekend. Leaving my reading glasses in the ute would help with this. Not being able to translate Spanish to English sealed the deal.
I got the impression they held back on this one, likely cos extra cactus and grapfruit juice in a gose style beer (their words) would be to sour and gross for anybody to drink. Still, refreshing if consumed cold enough. Like a more palatable cerveza.
Otra vez? yeah.. Probably not.

20170218_161615_zpsyexl8txq.jpg

Oh.. much much nicer. Just the way I like my hops. These guys sure brew some fugging delicious beers.

20170219_181514_zpsojnwha1g.jpg
Again, why was I not advised that the "Sculpin is on"?

Some people have a lot of explaining to do, I'll tell youse.

Mardoo said:

attachicon.gif

Its a little known fact that the artist Frida Kahlo also produced gourmet tortillas..

Latest posts

Back