Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Say hello to my little friend, i really enjoyed James Squire IPA until now, this beer is hopalicious resiny and bitter as an angry tiger and with a bite to match f..kin awesome, the brewers have really gone all out for this, i wouldn't think it would be your average drinkers cup of tea, but man this was tasty, sort of like Meantime but with a Aus/pacific kick in the junk and as chewy as a stray villager.

13062009310.jpg

Followed up with some sammy's outmeal stout, silky and smooth with a touch of roasty nuts mmmmm roasty nuts. My first oatmeal stout and it won't be my last.

13062009311.jpg

I picked up a Samuel's organic cider today while at the bulk buy at G & G.
Lovely apple flavour, slightly reminiscent of aspall (a favourite) beautiful pink straw colour and a weird aftertaste/finish - not unpleasant- that I put down (inexpertly) to the inclusion of malic acid.

Another bottle of Chimay White awaits. Can't fault this drop.

I just new i was an athlete, and i've got the boobs of a nursing mother :eek:

Oatmeal.jpg

Brett, would like to know more re the SSOB Oatmeal Stout. Made a clone of Sammy's Old Brewery Bitter. In love with it at present, ordinary bitter 3.25ABV but more flavour and body than you can imagine, freaking awesome. Where did you get hold of the SSOB beers. Hoping it's Dans or somewhere I can access in QLD.

Cheers,

Screwy

Brett, would like to know more re the SSOB Oatmeal Stout. Made a clone of Sammy's Old Brewery Bitter. In love with it at present, ordinary bitter 3.25ABV but more flavour and body than you can imagine, freaking awesome. Where did you get hold of the SSOB beers. Hoping it's Dans or somewhere I can access in QLD.

Cheers,

Screwy
Nectar had it (pretty much the whole range) last time I was there mate.

Frig Perry, was in town yesterday too.

Screwy

Picked it up today mate from G+G, whilst grabbing my grain from the vic bulk buy, and its worth hunting for, Black as tha ace of spades with a ruby hue, i've never had a stout this smooth and creamy :icon_drool2: . Had a real hankerin for english beers of late gunna have to have a crack at one soon just picked up some Simpsons Golden promise so we'll see how we go.

You would of liked the Beast IPA from the Jamieson brewery too Screwy keep an eye out.

Cheers
Brett

Picked it up today mate from G+G, whilst grabbing my grain from the vic bulk buy, and its worth hunting for, Black as tha ace of spades with a ruby hue, i've never had a stout this smooth and creamy :icon_drool2: . Had a real hankerin for english beers of late gunna have to have a crack at one soon just picked up some Simpsons Golden promise so we'll see how we go.

You would of liked the Beast IPA from the Jamieson brewery too Screwy keep an eye out.

Cheers
Brett

Will do mate thanks, let me know if you would like the SSOB Bitter clone recipe.

Mike

Heres all the tasting notes from my fantastic trip to QLD...

LCreatures Pale - Nice and hoppy, passionfruit on the nose and a hefty bitterness - A bit 'homebrewy' as my father in law says...
James Squire Amber - Toasted caramel on the nose, slightly thin and astringent maybe metallic taste, not very nice!
LCreatures Bright - Good clarity and nice balance between malt and hops, quaffable and tasty!
Murrays Pale - Pours bright orange with big hop aromas and chill haze, a bit out of balance with a slightly astringent hop flavour, I couldnt put my finger on what hop was used?
Knappstein Reserve Lager - Pours with brilliant clarity, nice restrained sauvin aroma which comes through in the flavour but not hiding the delicate malt flavours. Finishes dry and crisp. Really enjoyable! Why cant all lagers be like this.
Barons Pale - Slightly spicy hop aroma with toast overtones, taste is astringent toasted malt which was full on! Bottle advises to drink icy cold and as it warms up I can see why as the hop aroma completely disappeared and I was left with a completely unenjoyable beer which got sink tipped!
Redoak Organice Pale - Pours hazy and really fizzy, lemon and caramel on the nose, way too spritzy with a slightly sour lemon taste. Pretty average.
Fat Yak Pale (on tap at an irish pub) - Absolutely awesome!! Nice light fruit on the nose with hints of caramel and bready malts, awesome balance and fantastic mouthfeel! Awesome!
LCreatures Rogers - Nice fruity aroma with hints of toffee and the most subtle hint of chocolate. Clean taste with caramel notes and a hint of fruity hops. Nice having dark malt flavours along with fruity hops.
Murrays Sassy Blonde - Spicy aroma with caramel. Taste is complex, orange and toast which has been very lightly buttered, good mouthfeel which finishes crisp and dry with an orange aftertaste.
Coopers Sparkling - Hints of banana and bready malts on the nose, spritzy mouthfeel with a sweet malty finish.

Not sure Jim. I tendered my resignation last Thursday and I really don't know what the business plans to do or how they might go about doing it.

had a nice session at the Kings Head last night tried the vale ale, mclaren vale brew, good drop

also enjoyed a pint of the gulf brewery humpback ale and souwester stout, not too bad.

a pint of the lobethal bierhaus ale, not a fan was a bit harsh after drinking the vale ale, would be interested to see how it goes down as a firt for the night.

Just grabbed a couple off my phone.

Poutine (variation on a theme), with St Peter's Old Style Porter:
030.JPG

Treacle cake and Feral Boris:
044.JPG

Schneider/Brooklyner Hopfen Weisse:
057.JPG

Meredith goats cheese, caramelised onion, roast beetroot, rocket, roast walnuts & lemon olive oil dressing on san fransico sourdough with Cantillon Gueuze:
052.JPG

Latest posts

Back