Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just finished the growler of feral goden ace from warners at the bay... delicious!

photo.JPG

Next up was:
BFMLaMeule.jpg

Another "interesting" beer. Sour, spice, enjoying it more than the last one.
It's partner will also be put away for next summer.

IMG_1243_2.jpg

Mine. My first Cantillon beer. Delicious. Love the cork and cap, think I'll do that with my own sours. Lambic's going down asap to sit for ages with my Flanders Red.

IMG_1244.jpg

Dad's. He had this after the SN Ruthless Rye. Loved it. Not nearly as much rye character as the Ruthless (I like the rye in the Ruthless), very thick caramel notes with plenty of hops.

BFMLaTorpille.jpg

Thats more like it!
Deliciously complex.
I'm crap at describing beer, so just think of a sour Chimay and you get the idea.
Mmmm...

Hacker-Pschorr Munchner Kellerbier

photo.JPG

nice and sweet with earthy hops on the finish... a nice surprise.

FWIW not a very good example of the style, try something like Dupont.
Silly Scotch is pretty good though....

unfortunatly i can't sem to find it anywhere, otehrwise i would of grabbed it as well, only saison they had at the cellar i was at was silly. i'll keep my eye's peeled thanks

Purvis have stacks in at the moment.

Dad brought me a mixed sixer of Holgate brews on Friday. They were very fresh so I was looking forward to them.

Don't have a whole lot to say. Nice beers overall but...

That pilsener has some serious diacetyl going on.

And after the whack, geez I wish I had a few more of the Temptress :icon_drool2:

b2ab23fe.jpg

Interesting beer not quite Pulled off though reminds me of a blend of a Flanders style and an aceto infected beer. Quite possibly the reason this beer was made?? The bottle description gives us nothing.

Next up was

854c9867.jpg

Nom nom what a delicious ipa not overly sweet like alot of imperials but could IMO have a bit more bitterness, alcohol (10%) balanced out quite nicely though.

54d860f7.jpg

Thought I would treat myself to something nice tonight while watching my hockey team in the finals.
Picked up this One in Copenhagen from olbutikken part of there release of vintage beers.
Believe it or not it only cost me $8.50! For a 7 yr old beer!

Amazingly still poured with a small head (the twisttop had me wondering) carbonation is very soft and has basically disappeared in the 20mins I've been sipping.
This beer is so rich and thick absolutely gorgeous!. IMHO It Hardly resembles it's original self anymore. (which I didn't think to much of last fresh bottle I had)

If you can get your hands on this do yourself a huge favor and put it away and forget about it for a few years.

I had a 2002 a few months back and have to say I was very disappointed. I guess I missed the window of opportunity.

43fd6726.jpg

from the kiwi trip.

I've. It been hit with such caramel notes by a beer before, the hops were peeking through, subtle flavours or maybe I'm not capable of splitting the hop and malt in this complex beer. Great smooth bitterness.

I wonder why this thread doesn't have a sticky yet?!

Had this the other night and am about to crack open another...

Another great Beer by Epic

Its quite thin for an American IPA, but lovely Hops and a great drinker...looking forward to having this on Tap at House Bar tomorrow night

EpicZythos.jpg

Had this tonight not a big fan but we swap beers and i enjoy going into the shop buy stuff.. Hey not bad really digged the colour

DSC00854.JPG

Nogne O tasting/talk tonight.
Struggled to follow the talk as my understanding of the Norwegian language drops out at the little Swedish I know.
Either way got to taste some lovely beers most I've had but a few rare ones.

Highlight of the night being the sake yeast infused beer 'red horizon' 17% abv a bit rich but so delicious at the same time. Wouldn't be able to down a whole bottle but a small whiskey glass hit the spot.
eb63ee6f.jpg

Managed to squeeze a little chat with Kjetil afterwards in English.
Apparently all there beers other then belgiums and obviously the sake beer are brewed with WL007 for all out there that are looking to clone one of his beers. The grain bills can be found on the bottles or website :)

Apparently all there beers other then belgiums and obviously the sake beer are brewed with WL007 for all out there that are looking to clone one of his beers.
Awesome. Thanks for that.

Pretty jealous - sounds like a great night.

Just finnished a st bernardus. Only have 4 left from my twelve pack back on the free freight buy. :(

Happy though with my stubby :D

Back