Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20120206_145507resize.jpg

Some of the Mikeller Single Hop IPA Range. I got Amarillo, Apollo, Bravo and Citra. :icon_drool2:

Enjoying this at the moment:

EmersonsPilsner1152x1728.jpg

Its a nice beer. Its a NZ beer for sure. I get the feeling the Kiwi's like a maltier beer.

Crystal clear and a nice deep golden colour.

Aroma is FANTASTIC and spot on style!....... Floral and spicy, and addictave on the nose.... and it gets better as it warms up!

I get sweet honey and a slightly fruity flavour from hops.... not yeast. Clean, and super creamy smooth...... like velvet. Slight bitter after tang but only just. Once again with the malty, not too bitter NZ beer.

Id love to have something similar on tap i tell ya...... very nice beer..... but i would add 5 IBU :p

Enjoying this at the moment:

EmersonsPilsner1152x1728.jpg

Its a nice beer. Its a NZ beer for sure. I get the feeling the Kiwi's like a maltier beer.

Crystal clear and a nice deep golden colour.

Aroma is FANTASTIC and spot on style!....... Floral and spicy, and addictave on the nose.... and it gets better as it warms up!

I get sweet honey and a slightly fruity flavour from hops.... not yeast. Clean, and super creamy smooth...... like velvet. Slight bitter after tang but only just. Once again with the malty, not too bitter NZ beer.

Id love to have something similar on tap i tell ya...... very nice beer..... but i would add 5 IBU :p

Ahhh. This beer pushed me into AG brewing a few years ago.....A well done B Saaz Pils is indeed a wonderful thing. Check out Epic"s Mayhem Lager (the only beer they brew that lives up to the raving reviews they get....excuse me while I get my shit shield....) and Croucher pils for similar brew if you haven't come across them before.

and one more for the evening:

GreenFlashWestCoastIPA1152x1728.jpg

OHHHH YEAH BABY!

I swear the head was slightly green when i poured it :)

Massive pine, citrus and grapefruit...... god i would kill to know how they pack that character in there..... shakes fist at the sky.......

big biting bitterness but smooth in finnish with a long lasting taste of hops and lupin burps.

AWSOME!

GreenFlashWestCoastIPALabel1728x1152.jpg

Ahhhhh Yes it is!

Ahhh. This beer pushed me into AG brewing a few years ago.....A well done B Saaz Pils is indeed a wonderful thing.

B Saaz hey..... wow I thought it was in there but combined with something...... love the floral character they pulled from it!

Good work!

mmmm... have one of those waiting for me in the fridge... excited to try it now!! :icon_cheers:

OHHHH YEAH BABY!

Massive pine, citrus and grapefruit...... god i would kill to know how they pack that character in there..... shakes fist at the sky.......

big biting bitterness but smooth in finnish with a long lasting taste of hops and lupin burps.

AWSOME!

Ahhhhh Yes it is!

Had this last night whilst watching the superbowl. Wasn't nearly as hoppy as i expected. Thought it was quite sweet. for a DIPA. Was like a big amber i thought. Fairly meh.

p1030128.jpg

I hope that I disagree Argon. Have 2 in the fridge awaiting further instructions. Looking forward to 'em.

Enjoyed this one earlier..... was nice. Had a nice ballanced malt and hop... bias to hops. Nice bitter bite in the end.

Good beer but not the WOW you would expect for the price.

Emersons18121152x1728.jpg

Soooooooo i opened this!

GreenFlashHopHeadRed1152x1728.jpg

once again its a YEAH BABY YEAH :)

These guys make beers that make want to jump for joy... dead set...... they are my new fav yank brewery!

near perfect ballance of malt and hops. The hops are huge but there is a bit of malt there to keep it real.... long sticky lupin finnish and for a 7% beer... it feels like 4%.

Now to email them and see if they will share some info on how the fek they get that hop character in there.

Amazing and well worth every cent..... WILL BUY AGAIN :)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Its empty :(

Pistonhead.jpg

Pistonhead Low Ridin Lager 5.2% - Swedish megaswill

Not a bad drop for a mass produced lager.

Low hoppy aroma, citrus zest with some sweet bready malt.

Sweet bready malt with moderate hop flavour on the palate, enough bitterness to balance.
Medium carbonation and a fairly smooth medium body.
Reasonably clean with a slight hoppy aftertaste.

Not the greatest lager in the world but i think it does what its suppose to while being a bit different.
Shits all over our mass produced lagers.

OHHHH YEAH BABY!

AWSOME!

Ahhhhh Yes it is!

Tony.
Wonder what the difference between your green flash is, and this one that I tried

Green_Flash___West_Coast_IPA.jpg

For what its worth, here is the recipe the brewing network used on their can you brew it show for Green Flash West Cast IPA

Green Flash West Coast IPA
American IPA
Batch Size (fermenter): 22.00 l
Boil Time: 90 min Equipment:
Brewhouse Efficiency: 70.00 %

Ingredients
Amt Name Type # %/IBU
6.35 kg Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 1 84.2 %
0.59 kg Cara-Pils/Dextrine (2.0 SRM) Grain 2 7.9 %
0.59 kg Caramel/Crystal Malt - 40L (40.0 SRM) Grain 3 7.9 %
14.17 g Centennial [10.00 %] - Dry Hop 3.0 Days Hop 18 0.0 IBUs
14.17 g Simcoe [13.00 %] - Dry Hop 3.0 Days Hop 20 0.0 IBUs
14.17 g Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %] - Boil 90.0 min Hop 4 21.4 IBUs
14.17 g Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %] - Dry Hop 3.0 Days Hop 19 0.0 IBUs
14.17 g Cascade [5.50 %] - Dry Hop 3.0 Days Hop 17 0.0 IBUs
14.17 g Amarillo [8.20 %] - Dry Hop 3.0 Days Hop 16 0.0 IBUs
14.17 g Simcoe [13.00 %] - Boil 90.0 min Hop 5 19.9 IBUs
7.09 g Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 6 10.0 IBUs
7.09 g Simcoe [13.00 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 7 9.3 IBUs
7.09 g Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %] - Boil 30.0 min Hop 8 7.7 IBUs
7.09 g Simcoe [13.00 %] - Boil 30.0 min Hop 9 7.1 IBUs
21.26 g Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %] - Boil 15.0 min Hop 10 14.9 IBUs
21.26 g Simcoe [13.00 %] - Boil 15.0 min Hop 11 13.8 IBUs
28.35 g Cascade [5.50 %] - Boil 10.0 min Hop 12 5.7 IBUs
14.17 g Columbus (Tomahawk) [14.00 %] - Boil 1.0 min Hop 13 0.9 IBUs
14.17 g Simcoe [13.00 %] - Boil 1.0 min Hop 14 0.8 IBUs
1.0 pkg California Ale (White Labs #WLP001) [35.00 ml] Yeast 15 -

Beer Profile

Est Original Gravity: 1.072 SG
Est Final Gravity: 1.015 SG
Estimated Alcohol by Vol: 7.5 %
Bitterness: 111.4 IBUs
Est Color: 9.2 SRM

Mash at 66.7 C 60 min

Ferment for 4 days at 20 degrees
The 7 days at 22 degrees

Created with BeerSmith

For what its worth, here is the recipe the brewing network used on their can you brew it show for Green Flash West Cast IPA

Green Flash West Coast IPA
...Snip...
And the homebrew version i had about 12months ago at BABBs was, and still is, the best IPA i've ever had.... by far.

tumblr_lx5h12rArg1qb6golo1_500.png

Bought a growler of this gear last night. :icon_drool2:

Fantastic isn't it.
I did a beer tour of NZ late last year, and the Renaissance Pale was my favourite session beer, and that IIPA was up there in the best beers I tried.

Fantastic isn't it.
I did a beer tour of NZ late last year, and the Renaissance Pale was my favourite session beer, and that IIPA was up there in the best beers I tried.

Sure is mate.
She'll give ya wobbly boot. Will have to wait until end of brewday before getting stuck into it. :icon_cheers:

Back