Whats In The Glass (commercial)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
havng a matso mango beer. much nicer once it has warmed up as the mango becomes more prominent. still spoonta has the nicer mango beer

Bought a selection today...

Green Flash - West Coast IPA
Green Flash - Red IPA
Green Flash - Barleywine
Victory - Prima Pils
Victory - Festbier
Victory - Storm King Imperial Stout
Victory - Hop Rod
Bear Republic - Big Bear Black Stout
Bear Republic - Racer 5

Had the racer 5, prima pils and festbier. All amazing beers (wish I could do a pils like that!)

Had one of these last week. Would again.

2010-02-23-NoblePils.jpg

Well at least they're consistent.

I keep trying after hearing so many good things. But this is what I get. Thin fizzy flavourless.
2e7c9314.jpg

Dan's.... Ok ok I know. But thought it was worth a shot. Inspected the bottle and it looked ok, within date, from the fridge.

Rolled a "Silly Saison", "Speckled Hen" and "Samual Smiths Imperial Stout" (at room temp).
The Imperial stout took out the prize hands down out of these 3.

Silly Saison was very nice but i dont think it was funky enough for a Belgian PAle.
Speckled Hen was very good also, but a little one dimensional with lots of toffee and butterscotch.
The Imperial Stout was a corker, rich complex roasty, fruity, sticky, and a treasure at room temp.
Must add this recipe as a clone for the up and coming beer degustation list

So made it up to myself with one of these right now.
nc3b8gne-c3b8-tiger-trippel.jpg

nogne o tiger trippel

Yeah, that brewery can't put a foot wrong as far as I am concerned.

Currently drinking a Victory Storm King Stout. Wow, really good.. couldn't believe the percentage when I read 9.1%.. Need to wait for it to warm up a little!

I think this may be my favourite stout. Perfect balance of hops and roasty coffee and chocolate.

For what its worth, here is the recipe the brewing network used on their can you brew it show for Green Flash West Cast IPA

Mmmmm for a 50L keg, i will need about 600g of hops.

Mmmmmmmmmmm

Bought a growler of this gear last night. :icon_drool2:

I just didnt rate it..... too malty and not enough hops. It was nice but then one of my daughters came in the garage where i was drinking it and said..... what smells like fish?

Dan's.... Ok ok I know. But thought it was worth a shot. Inspected the bottle and it looked ok, within date, from the fridge.
same thing for me last weekend. Same beer from the fridge at dans.

same thing for me last weekend. Same beer from the fridge at dans.

Earlier i posted a pic that looks exactly the same as argons..from dans

They all must have been in the same lot that got left out in the sun at Dans main distribution center during their
" BUSY" holiday period.

Let Murray's know, they will be more than happy to replace the beer, the more complaints they get , the more reason they have to get up dick head dan.

First time drinking Orval (obviously not my photo)

orval-33.jpg

Bought it a few months back and tried it tonight with my Dad.

Hmmm, base beer is nice but I dunno if the Brett is my thing. Was well worth trying and putting a 'face to the name' of the characteristics of 'horse blanket' and 'barnyard'. I am all for complexity but 1hr later I still have a slight '2 day old horse wee on fermented hay' kinda thing going on (and before ANYONE asks I have not tasted this combination before!). I would imagine that it would be a bitch if Brettanomyces got loose in your brewery and tainted beers you hadn't planned to be Belgians.

Still, will try and pick up a few more of this style over the next little while to broaden my horizons

Stew

Earlier i posted a pic that looks exactly the same as argons..from dans

They all must have been in the same lot that got left out in the sun at Dans main distribution center during their
" BUSY" holiday period.

Let Murray's know, they will be more than happy to replace the beer, the more complaints they get , the more reason they have to get up dick head dan.

I had a 4 pack recently from woolworth liquor, first 2 were excellent, the last 2 were over carbed and tasteless. You'd think that all the beers in a 4 pack would be from the same batch, so not sure what was going on there.

I had a 4 pack recently from woolworth liquor, first 2 were excellent, the last 2 were over carbed and tasteless. You'd think that all the beers in a 4 pack would be from the same batch, so not sure what was going on there.

Maybe one side was exposed to the sun?

For balance, I bought a 4 pack of Angry Man yesterday from BWS and they were all fantastic. I would have thought that Dans/Woolworths liquor/BWS would all use the same distribution facility because they are all Woolworths businesses.

also bought a Hitachino Nest Red Rice Ale. forgot to drink it. will post pics/review when i do.

shocking photo.
2012_02_12_16.21.06.jpg
poured with purfumed head. lovely floral/fruit aromas.
faint rose hue on colour
very dry finish with a light yet full body
nobel hop characteristics on taste with hints of strawberry
perhaps hints of a rice-y type flavour finish, kind of like sushi rice. not unpleasent.
yeast in bottle (so if primary fermenting yeast you could harvest).

quite a refreshing beer to drink whilst making nori rolls (see brew food section). would go really well with any japanese type cuisine. very clean in finish and seemingly high unami factor that makes you want to eat something clean like sushi. an enjoyable beer, and at 7% you get bang for your buck. im going to hunt down the other beers in the range.

Enjoying this at the moment:

EmersonsPilsner1152x1728.jpg

Its a nice beer. Its a NZ beer for sure. I get the feeling the Kiwi's like a maltier beer.

Crystal clear and a nice deep golden colour.

Aroma is FANTASTIC and spot on style!....... Floral and spicy, and addictave on the nose.... and it gets better as it warms up!

I get sweet honey and a slightly fruity flavour from hops.... not yeast. Clean, and super creamy smooth...... like velvet. Slight bitter after tang but only just. Once again with the malty, not too bitter NZ beer.

Id love to have something similar on tap i tell ya...... very nice beer..... but i would add 5 IBU :p

This being one of my favourite drops is driving me to move onto AG. I also love Wanakas Brewski which is quite similar to the Emersons Pilsner.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/wanaka-brewski/11217/

Mmmmm for a 50L keg, i will need about 600g of hops.

Mmmmmmmmmmm
Maybe I am wrong but you seem to say that like you think it is a lot of hops? :D
Maybe I am used to the crazy hopping regimes of some of the Adelaide guys.

Soooooooo i opened this!

GreenFlashHopHeadRed1152x1728.jpg

once again its a YEAH BABY YEAH :)

These guys make beers that make want to jump for joy... dead set...... they are my new fav yank brewery!

near perfect ballance of malt and hops. The hops are huge but there is a bit of malt there to keep it real.... long sticky lupin finnish and for a 7% beer... it feels like 4%.

Now to email them and see if they will share some info on how the fek they get that hop character in there.

Amazing and well worth every cent..... WILL BUY AGAIN :)
Where do you get all these wicked beers from Tony?

Back