Whats Annoyed You The Most On Ahb?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clean brewer

Obsessed Home Brewer
Reaction score
I have just experienced the most annoying thing that just shits me right off..

Someone put a call out for something on here that they wanted, I put my hand up and said, hey, Ive got that many and I'll do them for this much.. Cool they replied and made a plan of coming to collect them at some specific time, they were busy for that time and suggested they would come down and get them the following week, PM was sent just to confirm with them if they were coming, NO REPLY.. :huh: They had been on AHB after the PM was sent so the PM would have popped up on the screen once they logged on, sent another PM just saying "It doesnt matter if you dont want them anymore, just let me know whats happening", still NO REPLY.. :angry: And they have been on AHB after that message was sent, so just f--king rude as far as im concerned.

Maybe its just the Newbie dreamers out there........ :blink:

If the person in relation to this reads this, at least youll see that its only polite to respond to people sending PM's that are only here trying to help you... <_<

Cheers

I have just experienced the most annoying thing that just shits me right off..

Someone put a call out for something on here that they wanted, I put my hand up and said, hey, Ive got that many and I'll do them for this much.. Cool they replied and made a plan of coming to collect them at some specific time, they were busy for that time and suggested they would come down and get them the following week, PM was sent just to confirm with them if they were coming, NO REPLY.. :huh: They had been on AHB after the PM was sent so the PM would have popped up on the screen once they logged on, sent another PM just saying "It doesnt matter if you dont want them anymore, just let me know whats happening", still NO REPLY.. :angry: And they have been on AHB after that message was sent, so just f--king rude as far as im concerned.

Maybe its just the Newbie dreamers out there........ :blink:

If the person in relation to this reads this, at least youll see that its only polite to respond to people sending PM's that are only here trying to help you... <_<

Cheers

My biggest complaint about the forum is more 'back to basic'. I think the search function is annoying. It seems like you have no hope of finding anything by just typing in keywords, and really have to specify a 'topic titles only' search or whatever. I think that option should be the default. Anyone agree?

This has been gone over and over- use the google search function, it is far better. Additionally, if you use quotation marks or check 'show results as threads' it's very easy.

Threads like this <_<

not everyone is a saint, no point ranting...just build a bridge.
If he can't dignify a response then hes not worth your time.

its only polite to respond to people sending PM's that are only here trying to help you... <_<

I'm with you on that. ;)

I think your "Customer Service" has far exceeded the customer's expectations.

I hate it when people ask questions, you give an answer and you never hear from them again. Happens a lot on forums and I also relate it to the "anonymity" of the internet!

Anyway, keep up the good work guys, because there is people out there that do appreciate the help!

Threads like this <_<

:blink:

not everyone is a saint, no point ranting...just build a bridge.
If he can't dignify a response then hes not worth your time.

:icon_cheers:

I'm with you on that. ;)

I think your "Customer Service" has far exceeded the customer's expectations.

I hate it when people ask questions, you give an answer and you never hear from them again. Happens a lot on forums and I also relate it to the "anonymity" of the internet!

Anyway, keep up the good work guys, because there is people out there that do appreciate the help!

Cheers mate...

Hey Mate,

Totally agree with Carbonator. I think all the positive members outweigh the negligent by far!! So I would say don't let it get to you, you tried and 'they' failed!!

I picked up a free fridge today thanks to a member of this forum just being out right nice.... awesome.

Again I am with Carbonator, thanks to all that make this one of the best forums on the web! :icon_cheers:

BTW: The thing that annoys me most is logging on the next day and reading posts I have made that make no sense... :icon_drunk: Oh well, If you can't get a little sloppy on a beer forum where can you!!

Cheers again and don't let one bad experience hold you back from a possible lot of positive ones....

Cocko.

lol you should try being an ebay seller. Then you have to pay $5 or $10 in fees. If you're lucky you get a message saying "oh i decided I didn't want it after all". Heh can't even give - feedback anymore...

I've sold two things through AHB and had 6 "buyers". Four of them were the "yeah, can't wait mate, dead set keen but can ya wait tilll I get paid next week?" kind that didn't respond to follow up PMs/emails. Circumstances change, cars need fixing, women find out how much you're spending, children need new shoes, dogs eat wallets, you get lost off the coast of Bermuda, your beer makes your pee burn, etc. But yes - it seems common courtesy to let someone know where they stand.

Cest la vie :icon_cheers:

I hate not being on for a while and finding out you missed a Brew Day

Rich :beerbang:

posts in the wrong forum section. seriously. sometimes it seems like people are afraid to post outside the all grain section.

ahh, got that off my chest. its early, cant help being grumpy. :angry:

People who havent done a search before posting a question. eg how to gas a keg.

People who havent done a search before posting a question. eg how to gas a keg.

Yes that one is a classic nomination, how to gas a keg. But on another note, the search for new members and even seasoned is at times not that easy. If I can find something and I know there is a particular post floating around I will post a question like, "Where is a thread on ..............."

BYB

Back