Whatareyou Drinking For Christmas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DUANNE

no chiller and botulism free since 2010
Reaction score
so what special beers are poeple drinking for the big day/eve?
to start with tonight im having a mikkeler 1000 ibu, and following up with my latest saison, tomorrow will most likely have a couple of wild things with chrissy dinner and just may crack my bottle of 97 henshke hill of grace.
any way merry christmas to all on ahb.

I'm taking a keg to mums tonight. I'm currently undecided whether it'll be the APA or Irish red. Whichever kegs heavier I reckon.

I'm drinking a bottle of Murray's Anniversary Ale No.4 that my daughter left on the table for Santa..........

Tomorrow I'm on driving duty so I'll only have a glass of champers at lunch or something along those lines, although I have been told the inlaws have got some Coopers for me.

I'll be taking JS IPA, JS Amber, MB Big Helga, MB Fat Yak and MB Boh Pils to lunch (thank you 1stChoice specials), then a keg of either ESB or Ruddles County English to dinner. I plan to have a smile on my face all day. Tempted to crack the Ngne 100, but methinks I'll leave that for NYE. As for tonight, I reckon my pilsner ('bitter little pils') might need some quality control.

Box of Stone n Wood draught ale. has a bit of a dent in it.......hic :D Filtered a springwater German Pilsner today that is grouse, just a little more gas over night. Baileys and vanilla cream for the cofffee round. In between I have a quasi partigyle bitter that tastes like shit. Should be a great day.

I just lashed out and bought myself some treats for christmas.
Sierra Neveda Pale Ale, drinking it now, delicious. Also have a six pack of LCPA that I bought for Santa.

Fullers 1845
Adnams Tally-Ho
Hofbrau Dunkel
Westmalle Dubbel

I've put 6 pints of my Landlord Partial in to chill and I have 9 stubbies of my Americano Stout left which has been aging 12 months (best stout I've ever tasted).

Probably one of few nights without beer I have in the year.

2x pre dinner Manhattan cocktails
glass of red wine with dinner
1-2 Bourbon & dry after dinner with the wife.

Taking a party keg of Chiswick bitter to the in laws tomorrow for chrissy lunch.

My wife got me a carton of Matso's Mango Beer (a drop she is quite partial to herself) and my Mum also got me some White Rabbit Dark Ale.

Weihenstephaner varieties (Dan's special with glasses), Chimay Grand Reserve, Red Hill Christmas Ale.

750ml bottle of Blanche de Namur (i love this stuff)
Mountain Goat Rare Breed IPA
Feral Hop Hog
A recently kegged Kolsch that somehow ended up at 6.5%abv... (well I know how, mashing out and grinding finer in one hit without making allowances for efficiency)

I'll mainly stick to Schofferhofer Kristallweizen Weissbier, as it's both good value at Uncle Dan's ($22 for 4 x 500ml bottles), and very easy summer drinking. I also picked up a Burleigh Brewing Co. Hef, another wheatbeer, and a MB Dogbolter Dark Larger. Looking forward to trying them both too. Merry xmas, all.

Ive got a keg of Cal Common, Ordinary Bitter and a LCBA clone plus a keg of soda water and mixers for the ladies.

Merry Christmas to all!

My family suck.

No-one drinks beer except for my brother in law, and he doesn't drink unless their 3 y/o has been put to bed. So i'll be taking a few longnecks of TTL clone and sit on that....

Boxing day BBQ at my mates house...is another story altogether though!

Have a lovely & safe xmas lads :)

My family are putting faith in me and relying mostly in my home-brews. I have a cascade pale ale 3 months old, muntons smugglers 3 months old, Stella and duvel few months old. The the other beverages. Dom perignon for starters, banickburn, lewin estate arts series and my favorite, giaconda for starters then move on to grange for some red. Christmas booze, I love you

Xmas at the relos so no HB on tap. Have a carton of white rabbit white ale to consume!!

Cheers

Christmas here tomorrow and I've got a Pale Ale, Irish Red and Ordinary Bitter on tap. Then there's a few random beers left over from my last trip to Purvis Beer. If all else fails and I work out a way to get another keg cold we'll get into the all-galaxy IPA.

a bit of choice really, lambics, dubbel and tripel, geuze, wit, bocks, saison and a pils + porter in the fridge atm. I feel like a kid in a candy store

Moorhouses Pendle Witches Brew
Old Growler Porter
Wadworth 6x
Orkney Dragonhead Stout
HB Bitter
HB Cider
Coopers PA
Fat Yak
McChouffe

I'm taking a keg to mums tonight. I'm currently undecided whether it'll be the APA or Irish red. Whichever kegs heavier I reckon.

I went with the APA because it was in front of the Irish red in the fridge. It's on ice at mums place with gas & picnic tap connected.

I failed to avoid arguments with my wife & mother tonight over christmas day arrangements & have decided that next year I'm staying home to avoid the fights. 25/12 is the worst day of the year for me. I'm tempted to not go anywhere tomorrow & brew at OTT IPA instead. I'm thinking 1.110 with all of the hops I have in the freezer. Bottle it & drink it next christmas.

Sorry if I'm being a downer on everyone elses day.

Got a 6 Pack of Stone and Wood Pale Ale a few Alpha Pale Ales and a few Brewdog IPA's for the family get together. Been enjoying a few too many Pale Ales tonight...Apollo is quite a nice hop...maybe too nice.

Latest posts

Back