Whatareyou Drinking For Christmas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started off yesterday with a LC Rogers, I really don't like that beer at all, so hammered down a heap of Yardglass's Irish red for the rest of the day. Think I polished off half the keg, on my own. Fair effort I reckon, even had a Punk IPA and a Hardcaore IPA somewhere in between. Just gonna kick back and watch the cricket today, maybe sink a few more reds, and I do still have a Rochefort 8 and a Westmalle Dubbel in the fridge so I'll have a dig at those later tonight :icon_drool2:

case of kooi to share and my bro got sent to purvis for my pressie so hopefully 6 of some mixed goodies, very good goodies! will report back upon finding out what i get.

merry xmas ya'll have a great day, smash food, smash good beer and enjoy!

ended up with a good haul.

1 x Hargraves Phonenix Imperail Red (342/350), 1 x B2 Bomber and 1 x 8 wired Hopwired IPA!

Started yesterday off with a few of my own APA's, then on to the Munich Dunkel's, then back to a few APA's, then topped it off with a 750ml Chimay. :chug:

The keg of Hefe lasted til just after lunch. The keg of Cali common made it through dinner but not past the end of Anne of Green Gables (I think the drinking rate went way up then due to the men not being in the same room as the women) and the half a keg of stout made it to stumps...

Today for the daughter's birthday I've had to roll out the reserves of LCPA and Knappstein.... :eek:

got a case of ace of spades from my brother going down nice

Doing my best to down the remainder of my Citra Summer Ale keg in front of the shambles Cricket on another bloody rainy QLD day. Two of the three roads to my place were over this morning, and if it keeps raining, I guess I'll be here until next year!

Cheers

We will have the usual homebrewed offerings, FIL is coming from Byron Bay, he likes my beer. I picked up a six pack of trumer pils at Dans yesterday, it has two nice pils glasses with it. Also got a nice bottle of The Glenlivet 18YO scotch to have after lunch, well, maybe a few snifters.
Merry Xmas to you all, I hope you have a great day.
Easily one of my favourite Xmas's ever. Got home from night shift yesterday morning, put a 4kg pork into the BBQ rottiserie and ended up with thirteen for lunch. The wife went off for arvo shift at 3:30 and the last of the visitors went at 4:30. I did managed to try everything from my original post, the Glenlivet was very nice at ten o'clock just before lights out.
Today has been in front of the box watching ten episodes of MadMen second series, just having my first beer now. Starting to come good so I might open a bottle of shiraz to go with dinner (leftovers)

got a case of ace of spades from my brother going down nice

I'm impressed that a case of spades made it to Queensland.

I'm still trying to empty the keg of APA that I took Christmas day. Does anyone want to drop round & lend a hand?

Still trying to drink my way through a case of armageddon ipa and 8 wired ipa. Saved murrays aa3 for this arvo with my dad. Looking forward to it.

Local bottle shop just pulled in a couple of new ones - yesterday picked up a zywiec lager and a pint of LCBA (regular stock) and a delerium tremens, hoegaarden grand cru and mort subite framboise (lambic).

They also have 750mL bottles of Duvel now for $14.00.

Mort subite was a bit disappointing - too sweet and tasted a bit artificial. Grand cru was lovely, DT's I haven't had for years and after finding the first taste a bit yeasty, was happy with the rest.

Ocassional glasses of red wine throughout, one pot of carlton draught, a couple of coopers best extra and some HB porter and noble hopped golden ale. Partner bought me a litre of Paulaner Oktoberfest and a very big mug for a chrissie present.

I had a few Dr Smurto's Golden Ales, and some of Tony's LCBA clones, plus my own 'Aussie Ale' (100 per cent Maris Otter with Pride of Ringwood, Nottingham yeast, tastes a bit like Coopers sparkling). Also drank esky dregs brought by relos (Stella, Crownies and Coopers Red).

New Years is shaping up to be awesome. My wife gave me one bottle each of Epic Pale, Epic Mayhem and Epic Armageddon, and my parents gave me a 330ml of Brew Dog Tactical Nuclear Penguin that they had sent down to Melbourne from Brisbane. I have no idea how I will drink the Tactical Nuclear Penguin (it's 32 per cent alcohol). Any suggestions on serving temperature and food matching would be welcome.

Stew

Stew - the brewdog website talks a bit about a food/beer pairing dinner and incudes the penguin as a dessert beer.

I can't vouch for the suggestions one way or another though.

There's other stuff on the site relating to beer and food.

Stew - the brewdog website talks a bit about a food/beer pairing dinner and incudes the penguin as a dessert beer.

I can't vouch for the suggestions one way or another though.

There's other stuff on the site relating to beer and food.

Cheers Manticle, I will have a look. I think I might sit on this one for a special occasion. Or I might skull the lot on a Tuesday night because I'm an idiot.

I had a few case swap beers then finished with a Dark English IPA from the tap.

Doing my best to down the remainder of my Citra Summer Ale keg in front of the shambles Cricket on another bloody rainy QLD day. Two of the three roads to my place were over this morning, and if it keeps raining, I guess I'll be here until next year!

Cheers

Flooded in here Nick, and the other son flys into Brissy tomorrow :( Good news is one son is here already and there's plenty of beer :party:

Batz

Flooded in here Nick, and the other son flys into Brissy tomorrow :( Good news is one son is here already and there's plenty of beer :party:

Batz

We're flooded in too today. Be back to normal by tomorrow I reckon. Hasn't rained for a few hours, and even saw a glimpse of the sun earlier!!!

Cheers

been drinking the case of LCPA that my mate brought me over a slab of for chrissie and helping him cut back a few trees. i even convinced him to have a few with me and he enjoyed them even being the staunch extra drinker he is :party: now if i can convince my other mate i wont have to part with my cash to go 3 ways in a carton of dry anymore..

Back