What Was On Your Menu Tonight?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magro

Reaction score
Just thought it might be fun to see what people ate and drank tonight.

Food - BBQ lamb and Portuguese chicken.

Brew - Brewdog 5am Saint... It was my first one and boy am I a fan of this beer!

for dinner it was spagbol. driks wise a harvestion old engine oil ,couple of lcpas, 2pints of hb choccy porter yis is bloody nice,pint of hb english strong ale and a couple of pints of chinky sazz pilsener.the last one is hard to get down but im determined to finish the keg to remind myself if its to cheap to be true , it really is!

Dinner: Pizza made by our local IGA, they are the bomb. Best pizzas to buy off the shelf in albany.

Drinks: i bottled a Landlord this arvo and i didn't clean enough bottles. So i have been drinking a couple middies straight out of the fermenter. And it was really quite enjoyable.

Slice of toasted Italian bread wiped with raw garlic and butter, topped with fresh asparagus, scrambled eggs, fresh avocado slices and smoked salmon with grilled tomato and grilled mushroom on the side

all chased down with a bottle of my first Bo Pils effort, which is still a little green, but quite tasty all the same.

yummo!

Food - Pizza and brownie
Beer - Coopers Best Extra Stout

We had a fresh prawn pasta washed down wihn an irish red...who would have thought !

I had a chilli con carne for dinner and a few APA's now finishing with a stout, the wife went bacon and eggs and an amber ale.

Eat: Nachos, blue cheese, vintage cracked pepper cheese and crackers.
Drink: LC rogers, LCPA clone and Unibroue La Fin Du Monde.

Roast pork and veges
My leftover IPA and a couple of 60/-

slow cooked beef vindaloo washed down with LCPA, Gippsland Gold, double choc stout and oatmeal stout

Grilled flathead with homemade tartar, pesto beans and baked potatoes.

Stone APA, St Bernardus Tripel, and now Cantillion Gueze 100% Lambic Bio.

Pizza w/smoked cheese (forgot the kind), radicchio and smoked spec, but shared in some others as well. Beaujolais light red (forget actual name) and a nice shiraz, and hb US brown and as per above, I had a UK pale I kegged, and had a load left over, so I drank a jug from my fermenter.

Nothing special tonight, I cooked for my daughter and myself.

Steamed carrot and frozen beans.
One of those dehydrated packet things of Continental Satay Rice.
Fried eggs and Woolies Lean Beef Hamburgers.

Boagsy's Maidu Gold for drinks and it's going down very nicely.

Golden Arches Family Box (shared with the family)
Washed down with a Saaz Pilsener while watching Underbelly

we had pea and ham soup. i was too late with the baking so no crusty bread. had to have toast instead.
drank a couple of white rabbits, topped up with english bitter from the fermenter, its almost up to bottling.
i was a bit ashamed to be knocking off beer from the fermenter but it seems several people do the same!

Smoked pork ribs and a few APA's, went down well!
06062010123.jpg

Code:
Brew - Brewdog 5am Saint... It was my first one and boy am I a fan of this beer!
Yes a lovely beer, was trying to get to the bottle shop to get some all weekend, but brewing got in the way

I made this http://gourmettraveller.com.au/frenchinspi...4&mode=rcid
and had it with some St Rogue Red Ale Clone, and Yellow Snow IPA Clone.
and a glass of American Stout for desert

Glad someone posted this thread because I was quite chuffed with my humble cooking efforts last night and now have a chance to brag a little...

Food 1: French Onion with Cider Soup w/ Gruyre Cheese Croton
Beer 1: Last Year's JS Winter Release - Hop Thief Ale (still tasting fresh as ever...)

Food 2: Indian Spiced Lamb Meatloaf with turmeric couscous and grilled zucchini
Beer 2: White Shield IPA

If only i was better equipped with phone to PC relations, Id have photos to further brag with...

we had pea and ham soup. i was too late with the baking so no crusty bread. had to have toast instead.
drank a couple of white rabbits, topped up with english bitter from the fermenter, its almost up to bottling.
i was a bit ashamed to be knocking off beer from the fermenter but it seems several people do the same!

I normally steel a glass from the fermenter while bottleing. But this ESB was tasting so good, and i had a bit left over after using all me clean bottles. So i couldn't throw it out. :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back