What Was On Your Menu Tonight?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made a curry.

5 starters, 6 mains.

From scratch - even the breads and the yoghurt.

For about 18 people.

Brewed an ordinary Aussie style with Northern Brewer and 2112. Most of it went before the meal started!!

smallcurry.jpg

That looks awesome! Love the black square as well. Classic!

She's shy! And I didn't ask her if she wanted to appear on the internet! S'only manners!

We held it Saturday night, I started prep an stuff the Wednesday before!

It's in the style of a British Indian - there's another in a couple of months...

Made a curry.

5 starters, 6 mains.

For about 18 people.

Brewed an ordinary Aussie style with Northern Brewer and 2112. Most of it went before the meal started!!

View attachment 38592

Looks awesom... love the jail trays... :lol:

Tonight will be a meat pie and water :(

Couldn't be bothered cooking before coming to work.
Might slide in some bacon and eggs with a JS Pilsner clone for breakfast :)

I rarely feel inspired on Monday nights and it's always my turn to cook, tonight i made baked Ling with cherry tomatoes, capers, thyme, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil. Served with chat potatoes and green salad, washed down with a czech pilsner. :)

The night was freezing, the mornings frost blanketing both tree and ground so the Scando-Germano-Prusso side kicked in for the nights meal. Grtzwurst (German/Polish blood sausage), proper hot smoke cured Northern Slovenian kranjska sausage, very tangy Polish Saurkraut and mashed potatoes with some of the skins left on. All need to be sourced from a proper deli.

Goes great with a warm fire and I like a good Bavarian Dunkel (soft and elegant, with a rich, mildly vanilla, nutty-sweet palate and a dry, rounded finish).

Cheers,
Brewer Pete

Yesterday was a beer free day.

Had Porterhouse steak, home grown peas and carrots, spuds.
Washed down with glass of 2004 Coonawarra Shiraz from Robertson's Well. Found the bottle in my cellar. Stuck it away about 4 years ago when some of our friends brought it for dinner (they instead consumed a much better aged wine from my cellar). It had mellowed nicely and was surprisingly good for a cheapie.

Baked potato's last night with garlic butter, cheese, coleslaw, bacon bits, corn and sourcream. Washed down with a kooinda and then nailed 1/4 bottle of kellybrook port. yes yes its port season!

Prawn Bruschetta (particularly well made) appetizer, then wood-oven grilled Maine lobster tail ( :icon_drool2: ), bourbon glazed prawns, and bacon-wrapped scallops.

lobster_bourbon_shrimp_scallops.jpg
Considering that the bill was under AU$40, I'm very happy, despite it being a non-beer night for me (my beer tally is fast approaching bum's total count, and I'm still here for another 7 weeks... :icon_drunk: )

classic roast chicken and veg last night. tatties pumpkin and steamed broccoli.
washed down with more diluted white rabbit.

Made a curry.

5 starters, 6 mains.

For about 18 people.

View attachment 38592

Scruffy you should be posting on whats on the tAble thread.... were did you get the plates??? were they hired or did you buy bulk?

She's shy! And I didn't ask her if she wanted to appear on the internet! S'only manners!

We held it Saturday night, I started prep an stuff the Wednesday before!

It's in the style of a British Indian - there's another in a couple of months...

Heres a link to a site that gives a rundown on how to do British Indian curries as in Cardiff or Newcastle or Bribie Island. Yup Indian Brother here have a pure UK menu like Lamb Madras, Chicken Dopiaza, Beef Vindaloo etc. I have to go to the valley to eat the real stuff, like that chick pea thingo on your thalis.

Looks awesom... love the jail trays... :lol:

They are called "Thali" pronounced "tallee"

They are called "Thali" pronounced "tallee"

I lived in Bangalore for a while. There's a good mix of Indian cuisine there ... a lot of southern, but some northern if you look hard enough.

Had thali for lunch every day ... used to watch my workmates cringe when I made "wraps" with a chapati and fillers, then eat it with my left hand ... hey, I respect their culture when they live here! :icon_cheers:

Also used to eat massive slabs of sacred cow at one place run by Pakistanis, but the best eats of all there were Chinese made by Tibetian refugees. Seschwan Chicken :icon_drool2:

EDIT: it was ten years ago and I swear my arse is still recovering from a Goat Biryani.

I'm hungry.

Unfortunatly I've got a dinner with what looks like lentils in it :icon_vomit: That's what I get for havin' a vegie missus, should have cooked myself something decent, like a f**kin' steak. On a plus though, I've got a nice ESB to drink before, during & after.

Have to admit, the curry paste smells luberly buberly. I love a good curry, but I don't really do lentils

Have to admit, the curry paste smells luberly buberly. I love a good curry, but I don't really do lentils

I often cook up a big pot of Mung Dhal ... if you want a good Dhal, it's gotta have mung beans in it. It's the refried beans of India.

50% Mung Dhal, 25% Red Lentils and 25% Green Lentils - I don't mash them, but that kind of grain bill mixed with ghee, tumeric, chili, garlic, onion, corriander, cumin, ginger and white pepper, with a hint of smoky paprika, is freakin awesome, if you are the first into the bog in the morning, that is.

But don't take culinary advice from me. At the moment I'm drinking Kiwifruit Wheatbeer.

IMG_1430.jpg

Last night is was:
Morocan-spiced lamb steak with cous cous salad and veges
Washed down with some JS Malt Runner, and a couple of homebrewed porters to get my SERIOUS dark beer fix on.

Tonight...not sure yet.

Roast pork w/crackle, potatoes, carrots apple sauce and pints of FES.

Back