What To Look For In A Water Report?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevo

Reaction score
Howdy,

If I can get my hands on a water report, what should I look for? And in what quantities/values? What's high? What's low?

Anyone have one for the Gold Coast? Can't seem to find one on the web.

cheers

Kev

Howdy,

If I can get my hands on a water report, what should I look for? And in what quantities/values? What's high? What's low?

Anyone have one for the Gold Coast? Can't seem to find one on the web.

cheers

Kev

I get mine from my local water companies website - Sydney Water. I actually think they have to be available at all times due to legislative requirements

Kevo,
You should look for level of Bicarbonates or total alkalinity, ph, calcium and sulfate levels. Gold coast water is pretty good from memory. I think it's quite soft (low carbonate) so all you would have to do is adjust is the Ph and possibly add some calcium. The water report is generally on the council websites. Water treatment involves a fair bit of reading before you start messing with it so best do some research.

hockadays

Thanks for the GC water link... not that I would be entirely sure what adjustments would be required :)

Latest posts

Back