What To Drink?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O'Henry

Reaction score
Help me choose what to drink tonight. I can't get my head around anything and just want to sit and enjoy a good beer. On offer:

Rogue Hazelnut Brown, Brutal Bitter and Yellow Snow
Rodenbach Grand Cru
The Duchess
LC Pale, IPA, Bright and Rogers
White Rabbit Dark and White
The Flying Dog 7oz pack (Gonzo, Trippel, Double PA and Horn Dog).
Basha
Liefmans Goudenband
Stone & Wood Pale Lager

And HB of course. An APA and a Golden Ale. Porter is still conditioning, otherwise there would be no question about it.

Yes, I know, I am the laziest person alive. Can;t even be bothered to choose a beer. Am currently working on a Stout recipe so I am leaning towards Gonzo. Just for some hardcore (at least I have been lead to believe) dark action.

Will be fridging it in 40 mins, and drinking in 70, depending on size and if it is already in the fridge. I can't take a photo but will post notes on the beer after drinking (even though they will prob be shit).

How much comsumption so far might help in the selection? Hazelnut would be a good start...

Well, I was at a beer judging earlier, and tried maybe 20 of those, plus a pint of hop hog, then when I got home had to Stone and Woods and a Bright Ale with pizza. Now just working on this Stout recipe. I've been eyeing off that Brown for a while now. I mean, it is already in the fridge...

Fine then. Will do! Then maybe the Gran Cru or Gonzo. Thanks Chappo. Sometimes you just need someone to point out the obvious...

[quote name='O'Henry' post='639772' date='Jun 5 2010, 10:53 PM']Help me choose what to drink tonight. I can't get my head around anything and just want to sit and enjoy a good beer. On offer:

Rogue Hazelnut Brown, Brutal Bitter and Yellow Snow
Rodenbach Grand Cru
The Duchess
LC Pale, IPA, Bright and Rogers
White Rabbit Dark and White
The Flying Dog 7oz pack (Gonzo, Trippel, Double PA and Horn Dog).
Basha
Liefmans Goudenband
Stone & Wood Pale Lager

And HB of course. An APA and a Golden Ale. Porter is still conditioning, otherwise there would be no question about it.

Yes, I know, I am the laziest person alive. Can;t even be bothered to choose a beer. Am currently working on a Stout recipe so I am leaning towards Gonzo. Just for some hardcore (at least I have been lead to believe) dark action.

Will be fridging it in 40 mins, and drinking in 70, depending on size and if it is already in the fridge. I can't take a photo but will post notes on the beer after drinking (even though they will prob be shit).[/quote]
Gonzo and Basha are both seriously :icon_drool2:
I'd be tempted to drink them side by side.
Same with the Rodenbach, Duchess and Liefmans...good comparison.

Well, sorry about this thread. I was a little out of sorts last night, but felt much better just after this. Chatted with some friends (who all live too far away) and then watch Master and Commander will sipping the Rogue.

This week, I have got 6 Stouts for my recipe 'research', so will be enjoying them over the next few days. They are:
Coopers Best Extra
McAuslan's Oatmeal
Sam Smith's Oatmeal
Sierra Nevada
Harrington's Clydesdale
Brew Boys Ace of Spades

Oh dear, sounds like a tough few days ahead!

... from memory the Cascade Export Stout might be worth adding to the list ... if you feel in need of another :D

Well, i'm baking Brownies soon, and will be having soup for dinner. So I was thinking I'd start with one I don't expect much from, that way a brownie can help me through it, if need be. I'm expecting big things from the Oatmeals, but maybe not so much from Coopers. I am not a Stout drinker, so this is going to be an education...
As you can probably tell, my gf is away for the weekend, hence the large amount of beer related activities, and the small amount of exam studying.

Btw, the Stout I am trying to brew is around 4.5% alc so I couldn't go all out and get exports or imperials.

Disclaimer: I'm not talking shit about Coopers, just I think this Stout will have all the flavours I am not fond of in a Stout. Coffee, burnt toast, smoke, burnt coffee beans, roasted coffee, things like that. I don't drink coffee. You can probably tell.

Latest posts

Back