What Temp..?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirskinny666

Reaction score
Sorry but i dont want my beer to tast like shit so ill ask any way...

I just bottle my forst brew, its probley a bit dodgie any way but ill ask so its not 100% F'ed

What temp after bottling should or need to keep my beer..??

Cheers for any help.

Sorry but i dont want my beer to tast like shit so ill ask any way...

I just bottle my forst brew, its probley a bit dodgie any way but ill ask so its not 100% F'ed

What temp after bottling should or need to keep my beer..??

Cheers for any help.

Sirskinny

Aim for around 20 to 25 degrees for 2 weeks. After that you can put in the fridge.

redgums

You want the yeast in the bottle to be nice and warm while they carbonate your beer.

Like the previous poster said, put it somewhere that is 20C+ for a few weeks, and then pop one in the fridge for tasting.

Sam

No beer should be touched before 4wks in the bottle, 6-8wks in winter time.

No beer should be touched before 4wks in the bottle, 6-8wks in winter time.

each to their own. I like my apa's and hefe's as soon as their fizzy, fresh as possible.

apa's to get all that hoppy in your face goodness, and hefe's to get the lovely wheat/yeast character.

thats not the case for all beers though, there are plenty of styles that do benefit from some extended aging. just pointing out that it doesnt apply to all beers.

:icon_drunk: Hay Hefty we all know how you feel I had trouble waiting to.
It will be worth it though good luck

+1. No need to wait for these ones, or many bitters IMO.

Same as Keolsch type beers, mine came 1st in NSW Champ after being in the bottle less than 3 weeks, it did get marked down for clarity, but i think they take transportation into account.

each to their own. I like my apa's and hefe's as soon as their fizzy, fresh as possible.

apa's to get all that hoppy in your face goodness, and hefe's to get the lovely wheat/yeast character.

thats not the case for all beers though, there are plenty of styles that do benefit from some extended aging. just pointing out that it doesnt apply to all beers.

Indeed. I generally leave my beers for a month on the bottle before tasting, but that's not a hard and fast rule- as a rule of thumb I leave the darker ones longer.

:icon_drunk: Hay Hefty we all know how you feel I had trouble waiting to.
It will be worth it though good luck

Agreed ... If you have trouble waiting, get yourself a couple more fermenting drums. At least that way you'll be putting a little away for "lagering."

Back