What Size Esky For Magic Box

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christofurry

Reaction score
Ah that was another one for you experts!

I just scored a stainless steel coil!! for FREE!

Would be an easy 10mts of coil!!

So now to my question, what size esky should I put it in?

All the magic box's I have hired or been anywhere near have been about 40-50lts, but to be honest Ive never paid much attention to them, just the amber fluid that flowed out of them.

SO do I go for and esky around the 25-30lt, 35-40lt or right up to 50lts???

Cheers
Chris

Big enough to fit the coil and as many bags of ice you want in it

Yep the coil will fit into a 25lt esky, but Im worried it will melt the ice too quickly and Ill forever be filling it up...

SO question to the guys with magic/miricale boxes - How big is your esky and how fast does the ice melt when in use?

Cheers
Chris

Yep the coil will fit into a 25lt esky, but Im worried it will melt the ice too quickly and Ill forever be filling it up...

SO question to the guys with magic/miricale boxes - How big is your esky and how fast does the ice melt when in use?

Cheers
Chris

I use a 20L esky drink container - it works fine- add some water to the bag of ice- you want a slurry so you have no air contact. The main thing is how small can you coil the stainless steel coil?

Pics!

I measured the coil, its 700mm per coil and there are 20 coils... thats about 14m of coil.

The picture in the esky is a 26lt esky... could be onto a winner

15102011001.jpg

15102011002.jpg

15102011.jpg

I'd try to rig it standing up, so you're filling the centre of the coil with ice, rather than trying to shovel it in from the side.

Oh, and add a nice big handfull of salt to your ice and water mixture, heat is needed to break the hydrogen bonds that bind the ice together. This heat is drawn from the ice/salt/water solution lowering its temperature.

:beer:

Latest posts

Back