What size beer lines?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simchez

Reaction score
Setting up a kegerator out of spare fridge. What is the best size beer line to get? And is there a minimum length you have to use as it is not far from keg to tap? Will lose it if i end up getting a glass full of foam.

If you are going for 3m, choose a 5mm ID (inner diameter line). Both of those are a good starting point.

They say 4mm is best but everyone complains about it being hard to use (fitting to barbs etc). I used it and had zero issues. I have 2.5m beer line lengths and have a great pour, but I also use flow control taps.

BKBrews said:
They say 4mm is best but everyone complains about it being hard to use (fitting to barbs etc). I used it and had zero issues. I have 2.5m beer line lengths and have a great pour, but I also use flow control taps.
Can be harder to get on but no hassle just get a pair of needle nose pliers in the end and work it open a little

It depends on the quality of the line. Cheaper stiff PE line will be hard to work.

Have you got your taps yet? If not I'd spring for some flow control taps then you don't have to worry so much about line length and diameter.

Latest posts

Back