What is this keg?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heyhey

Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I got given these kegs last weekend. I've got some replacement seals for them already as they're just a ball lock Firestone type. But I can't see any sizing or type marking on them. They are manufactured by Mytton Grosvenor, Aussie approved, but that's about it.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1413451199.298043.jpg

Mytton Rodd is correct, those particular ones I believe are 45L

ED: I'd kill my own mother for a couple of those 45's (they're rare as and last I saw on ebay went for $230 each)

45L should be perfect for my double batches then!

I'll just fill one up to measure the volume. I reckon just a water meter read before the fill and after should be accurate enough.

MastersBrewery said:
Mytton Rodd is correct, those particular ones I believe are 45L

ED: I'd kill my own mother for a couple of those 45's (they're rare as and last I saw on ebay went for $230 each)
Why are they valuable? At 45L, hardly unremarkable compared to commercial kegs at 50L . Is it simply the rarity of these buggers that makes them worth $$ or am I missing something?

431neb said:
Why are they valuable? At 45L, hardly unremarkable compared to commercial kegs at 50L . Is it simply the rarity of these buggers that makes them worth $$ or am I missing something?
Maybe enough to do the mother in law

They're valuable since they're rare and built like a brick shithouse.

I've got two of their 20l kegs. Regular cornys feel thin and fragile and probably have .4mm wall thickness. I reckon these have about 2.5mm wall thickness, and I wouldn't hesitate throwing em down the stairs when they empty.

They're tough and will last, that's where the value is.

Picked up another odd keg. Does anyone know anything about these?
8374A6D7-97CC-4024-A96E-B42DB46FF68A.jpg

Latest posts

Back