What have you dropped into the Fermenter?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A strainer, about 20 mins ago. Was trying to keep alll the hop matter out,
lucky I sanitized the srrainer and was in there for all of 10 seconds...

A digital thermometer.

Then my monocle (lucky it was on a chain..)

My stir bar when puring in my starter ... Every time so far. Bah!

Just leaning over my fermenter as I was topping up with water and the pair of reading glasses I had propped on my forehead dropped into the wort and sank to the bottom.

I thought about it for a few seconds - do I leave them in and risk contamination or get them out and risk contamination. Seemed an even bet. Panicked, rinsed hand and arm up to elbow in the bowl of diluted StarSan I had at hand (didn't wait long enough for StarSan to take effect I'm sure) and delved in.

So now it's just a matter of wait and see....

Manticle, does your merging power extend beyond the internet?, I could see a great future ahead if so. Imagine manticle, on opera, she's holding an old antique tea pot. She passes it to manticle, who chants his merging chakra and whoosh!, it's back on one piece. I bet the crowd would go wild. Wild indeed

You've been inside too long, Mark.

Well, it would've been awesome to have manticle merge my knee cap instead of a shitload of wire :)

But yes, you're probably right.

Post your knee cap in the wrong thread and let Manticle shine.

Ruckus said:
Had a kitten crawl in through the airlock one time.
that'll learn ya for not keeping a Rottweiler in you airlock.

Try this one . Was brewing the best ever Golden Strong . Placed it in the fermenter transferring to the ferm fridge slipped on wet ground buried my head into the inside lip of the fermenter , where I cut my scalp in not one but three places and dripped blood into it . Sorry didn't slip I was pissed is more like it but the ground was wet .

Just had the o ring from a cube fall into my fermenter. After reading all of your experiences I'm no longer worried, it could have been worse.

A souvenir fridge magnet from Prague.

I had my cube on the fridge shelf and was siphoning the wort out into the fermenter. I rested my head on the (closed) freezer door and knocked the magnet into the fermenter. I quickly grabbed it out. No infection.

It was an ESB, but I'm sure in a few retellings it will eventually become a Pilsener.

JonathanD said:
Just had the o ring from a cube fall into my fermenter. After reading all of your experiences I'm no longer worried, it could have been worse.
Yeah i've done that.

I got it out eventually, turns out they float.

Also turns out you can be remarkably sensitive feeling about in a batch of wort for a small object under a layer of foam to find it.

Back