What Else Do You Do When You're Brew?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cocko use to smoke alot,have severed the ties with smoking.

Clean for 12 months now and loving it B)

Quitters never prosper.

cocko use to smoke alot,have severed the ties with smoking.

Clean for 12 months now and loving it B)

I am with ya! Cutting down and down.... Down to about 3 a day - except Brew days!! <_<

Well done hoohaaman! There is nothing to gain from... except maybe, less hops on your brews! ;)

See, I'm the opposite. I can't think of many things I would be uncomfortable doing for 100L of SNPA.

No.... Im the opposite!

I cant think of why you would want 1 liter of SNPA?

:)

BOTH BLOKE

Good job. Off the weed for nine years after bein somewhere round a stick-a-day man for a few years. Been away from the durries for 4 years. Dunno which was harder but all for a good cause - I'm a family man now.

Good job. Off the weed for nine years after bein somewhere round a stick-a-day man for a few years. Been away from the durries for 4 years. Dunno which was harder but all for a good cause - I'm a family man now.

Been off the gooch for about 5 years me self... 'A STICK A DAY" you pussy... I was on about 1 to 2 Lighters a day! :lol:

But yeah, best thing I EVER did... now to kick these farkin death sticks!!

Good work wyatt, I bet the fam makes up for any of that kinda shit!!

if I brew on my own- cleaning, eating and drinking.
With a friend- talk a lot of shit
with wife- whatever she has in mind :wub:

it usually cleaning though

Have just mashed in a stout and a kolsch. Now having breakfast, listening to the radio and checking the web. Later I will read the Sunday paper and/or a beer/brewing magazine. Often listen to podcastes. A timer is essential. Clean up as I go.

I clean up all the dirty equipment since I last brewed so it's clean and ready to go when the boil's finished.

And I pour myself a heap of beers.

You mean fermenter's kicking around the backyard for 6months Have to clean it to have somewhere to put the beer?

If that's the case then you and I must be twins... (See PaulH, I'm not the only one. Here is proof)

Lefty

I inhale deeply when mashing (sometimes I get stuff ready for dinner)
I read the weekend paper during the boil, I usually get about a 20-30 minute sit down with a beer at this point. The rest of the time is too busy cleaning spills etc, (or worse recalculating a recipe because of a fuckup with hop additions).

From the responses here it seems I'm in the minority who watch sport on telly and don't do much else. I mash upstairs in the house and then boil downstairs outside. So while the boil's on I sit outside and listen to brewing podcasts or read a book.

I usually do a webcast. I keep myself occupied by talking with other brewers while I get to the business of brewing.

Sometimes, if my body sends the appropriate signals, I go inside and do a shit during the mash.

Back