What improvements to your process are you planning in order to brew be

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only hesitation in putting water chemist at the end is chlorine removal. I'm sure most of you live in Victoria where nothing grows, but anywhere that has sunlight generally has chlorine or chloramine which will give the beer a nasty smell and taste - particularly when the dosage increases at the start of summer.

That's one thing I forgot when doing the list. I do use a carbon filter when filling the Brau.
So I probably should have put water chemistry higher.

........and depending on your matrimonial harmony don't forget to factor in the Dragon.

This will probably be the single biggest impediment to brewing regularly, even worse if you have kids. Should this be the case you better make sure you have trimmed as much fat off the time it takes you to brew as possible!!

This will probably be the single biggest impediment to brewing regularly, even worse if you have kids. Should this be the case you better make sure you have trimmed as much fat off the time it takes you to brew as possible!!
This where automation and compromise play a big roll, my system is pretty automated, still I'll be upgading the controller just so I have less time tied to the shed. I can sparge over 90mins, (65L batch) a 90 min sparge gets me shit hot efficiency, a quick 15-20min sparge loses me 8-10 points (usually better than 75%). So most brew days I dial in 75%, if the boss and kids are away for a weekend I'll dial in 85%, cost a little bit of grain.

My improvements are/will be..

Replaced my fridge that died 6 months ago.
Yeast banking and culturing.
Install new plumbing to the brew station so that i can fill and clean the kettles instead of carting water and pots up and down stairs and out to the back yard.
Reinstall my crane to hoist bags.
Pretty much anything to save my back as i noticed in the last 6 months this has been my one biggest demotivator for brewing. Think im getting old at 38 (Been brewing since i was 20)
Play around with BIAB Parti gyle. At the loss of a few kilos of grain per brew I should be able to punch out 80L in one session (I have 2 pots 90L and 60L) If anyone can link me to someone thats done the figures and trials this would be great.

Troopa

Latest posts

Back