What Do You Do For A Crust?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your current occupation?

• Labourer / Mineworker / Construction worker, etc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unemployed

• Student / Apprentice / Minor

• Proffessional (uni-qualified)

• Proffessional (TAFE or any other qualification)

• Trademan

• Salesman / Retail

• Clerk / Adminstration / Receptionist, etc.

• Brewer

• Other

• Total voters
Content Development Manager for an eLearning/training organisation - been in the field about 9-10 years now, started as a html/multimedia/video/audio monkey, moved into project management/sales and now run a team.

This job would be great if it wasn't for one little thing... clients... :beerbang:

Senior Risk and Safety Engineer. Primarily involved during design of offshore oil and gas facilities. Calculate potential fatality rates, recommendations to reduce the rate. Submit documents to government for approvals.

PhD candidate in Physics. According to a lot of banks that's not a 'job', despite it having better 'job' security than a lot of 'real' jobs. Just about to finish up (2-3 months) so I'm stressing out a lot. :huh:

As for a crust - PhDs get a scholarship, so I do get paid (it's called a 'scholarship' because it's less than minimum wage). When I wasn't so stressed out I gave undergrad tutorials and marked exam papers, plus whatever bits and pieces came my way.

I ticked 'Professional (uni)' since I've got degrees that got me to here, and I'm not really a 'student' as such - more of a researcher.

I do Geographical Information Systems (GIS), If you don't know what that is I will not try and explain.

Print production manager at the Australian Academy of Science. Been there since October after leaving the Australian Institute of Sport doing the same role. Used to be a graphic designer and before that a typesetter.
Cheers
Steve

Forester in Tasmania. At the moment doing incident control for a widfire, Oh and reading AHB when quiet.

Chris

Ex-copper (thank f*ck) and now trying to make it as a financial trader.

:D Ceramic Tiler , self employed thank christ mainly top end builders , B)

Ceramic Tiler , self employed thank christ mainly top end builders

Glad I got outta that game last year, my knee's are thanking me after about 15 years of abuse!
BTW, Sinkas is looking for quotes on a reno if you wanna work in Freo for a while?

I'm retired now, but when I was still working, it wasn't unusual at lunchtime walking through Sydney CBD to be accosted by Greenpeace, Wilderness Foundation etc etc recruiters/fundraisers.

I used to tell them I was an Executive with a woodchip exporter.
The look of horror on their faces was well worth it.

In reality I was an insurance Claims Manager, dealing with claims by people catastrophically injured in motor vehicle accidents.

Mon-Fri: 7am till 10am - Sales Assistant at a local servo.
Mon-Fri: 10am till 1pm approx - Contracted Postie for Australia Post.
Cheers,
Brian

touche' :D

Lets not start a debate about those monkeys with bachelor degrees in medicine........

besides, what i do is a helluva lot more fun than dealing with sick people! B)

Oh dont get me started on MDs... Im the first and regularly do tell them they arent real doctors!

Latest posts

Back