What Do You Do For A Crust?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your current occupation?

• Labourer / Mineworker / Construction worker, etc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unemployed

• Student / Apprentice / Minor

• Proffessional (uni-qualified)

• Proffessional (TAFE or any other qualification)

• Trademan

• Salesman / Retail

• Clerk / Adminstration / Receptionist, etc.

• Brewer

• Other

• Total voters
Cheers Liam,

Have read about your parents in a sail mag and had looked at their website already, reading stuff like that helps when covered in itchy shit.
I find 2 reactions when telling people about heading off, either WTF you can't do that or fantastic, wish I had/could do that too.
Have read a couple of books written by cruising families and looked at a few blogs, had a couple of patients who had done it too, no one seems to have regretted it and all the kids seem to have turned out well.
Any plans yourself ?

cheers
sean

Not really mate, I'm far too lazy.
I've gotta say though, some of my strongest memories are of family sailing trips.. seeing a pod of male humpbacks breaching in 40 knot winds on the way up to up to lady musgrave.. becalmed on the way out to Lord Howe in 98 hearing the mayday mayday calls over the radio from the sydney to hobart race.. being followed by a pair of mahi mahi for 4 days when you're out at sea with no sight of land..
yeah. now I'm having second thoughts about being landbound.

in sum: do it! have up-to-date maps, have a spare computer, keep in contact with other cruisers, have cash to bribe officials.. rarara, your kids will turn out fine.

We sailed down to sydney in 98 to watch the start of the hobart and for new years. Stayed at cyca after the start of the race and talked to the returning crews, man therecwas some damage to the boats. New years was awesome.
Sailed to lady musgrave many times in my last boat. Had some close calls with whales, they scare the shit out of me. Shouldbe fine in the new boat, no keel to knock off, switched to the dark side, building a 12.5 m schionning cat.

nice. Cats kinds of freak me out, i think its the memories of hanging on to the hobie for dear life as a 5-6yo. ITS TIPPING OVER

I used to be misanthropic. Now, I'm more selective.

Brilliant. ******* pure gold brilliant. Kudos to you good sir. I warn you in advance, I shall credit the origin, I intend to use this with alarming regularity.

Masters in Hoons, Loons, Spoons, Goons and Granny's, 20 odd years in Prehospital Emergency Medicine (Former Intensive Care Paramedic & clinical team leader) attempted early retirement when enough was enough and now self employed in the retail trade.

Martin

Nice, my sister is doing that - paramedics. 2/3 placements she said were with crazy old people. lol
20 years, you must've liked it.

Driller in a coal mine.

Some days its brilliant, some days its shitty.

The money keeps me here.

420438_10150696918992288_579617287_11157353_568003228_n.jpg

Currently, underground mine worker (hard rock) for just over two years.

Previously, musician/music retail for 12 years.

Got sick of being broke. Now I'm sick of trying to pay off two houses.

I plan to try something else in a few years, but I doubt it will get the approval from SWMBO. Don't wanna be down there in the hole for the rest of my working days, but the fact that I work six months a year and fly in and out for the money I'm on keeps me in the game.

Work for a jetski aftermarket performance parts place, biggest distributor for a heap of US companies in Australia.

Been here for 10 years and love it, never rode an actual ski (sad I know) but the industry and perks are awesome.

Back