What Do You Do For A Crust?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your current occupation?

• Labourer / Mineworker / Construction worker, etc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unemployed

• Student / Apprentice / Minor

• Proffessional (uni-qualified)

• Proffessional (TAFE or any other qualification)

• Trademan

• Salesman / Retail

• Clerk / Adminstration / Receptionist, etc.

• Brewer

• Other

• Total voters
I am a Chef and the Town I live in doesnt suite my Cooking Style..

Hey what's going on????

Im a Technical Test Analyst...

Say what?

I test a large computer software system in a technical manner! I create automated test cases using the java language so I can then run them over night....

Master Control Operator for Nine Network, Brisbane. Sort of Technical Co-ordinator/ On-Air Quality Control.
Lots of monitors, phones, computers, switches, time for browsing AHB.

Campbell

I "flog fruit" at a small independent grocery store.

Should really work in a bottle 'o though, I seem to know more about booze than the vast majority of people working in them! :blink:

Tradesman Painter and Decorator. But have been a Trade Teacher for 2 years.

Cheers Brad

Im a IT support analyst.

So i virtually talk to people who don't interest me about software that dosent interest me and idiots that dont know how to use a mouse.. between posting and reading all i can on AHB.

My best mate is currently doing his 2nd year of a chief apprenticeship so hopefully when hes done ill be able to chuck my IT earned savings into a small rustic brewery/restaurant. And bring some competion to Red hill brewery.

Cheers vice

Administration in a National Buying and Marketing team for WOW.

WOW = World Of Warcraft :unsure:

Mechanical Draftsperson, drawing up Gold and Nickel processing plants.
Did my TAFE Assc. Dip. in Mech. Eng. then decided that drawing lines was more my kinda thang.

I "flog fruit" at a small independent grocery store.
Note to self: Stay away from the bananas at that store.

I'm a Finance Nerd in the sports industry (An NRL team)

Customs Broker

As most people I speak to have no idea about what this is, here is a little blurb from wiki

"Customs brokerage is a profession that involves the 'clearing' of goods through customs barriers for importers and exporters (usually businesses). This involves the preparation of documents and/or electronic submissions, the calculation (and usually the payment) on behalf of the client of taxes, duties and excises, and facilitating communication between the importer/exporter and governmental authorities"

My payslip says Laboratory Assistant but I'm not sure who I assist because for the last two years it was only me in the lab. Now we have a new casual who's job description is Lab Technician, but I am the one who is teaching him. I'm confused :unsure: . I work at a grain storage/export terminal. The grain is graded in the country and I just check it on receival to confirm it is suitable for the cargo spec. requirements and that it has been graded correctly, then analyse it again as it is loaded to a ship. Well thats the basis of it anyway.

Pretty busy at the mo. Today is my first day off since boxing day. Bit hard to get used to the hours after two years of back to back drought.

Work for a trusty snack company, Marriage made in heavan Chips & Beer! What I'm doing next? Yet to be determined.......

yo

I am a photographer

currently working for The Advertiser in adelaide (part of uncle rupert's lot), worked for a few papers both in SA and QLD. shoot a bit of fashion, music promo, film stills and other commercial work on the side.

if ya interested in checking out my work go to www.mattcarty.com

cheers
carty

Im a gasfitter by trade, now working in sales.
Taken the easy road, working for a large plumbing supply company in sydney.
No more digging, welding, getting dirty, working call outs............... Just straight 6-330.
More time for brewing!

Ross said:
2005[/size], 08:57 PM' post='69292']
International scrapmetal trader - so i guess that comes under other...

Thank God for the rest of us you finally got a real job, Ross.

Just got home from work, I've been 5 years working for 3 in their Paging and Escalations section doing mundane stuff (paging is believe it or not a huge and growing industry, nope it didn't die when mobiles arrived quite the contrary).
I also do directory assistance for the mobile arm of 3 when it's busy in the evenings and love it, problem is that when people ask for a particular pub I've usually drunk there. :icon_drunk:
Get calls like "how do I get to the Unity Hall Hotel in Balmain?"
"Well, pass the Town Hall Hotel on the Right and look out for Woolies, the Unity hall is..... " I'm not supposed to do that... :ph34r:
Also a genuine worry because I don't actually live in Sydney <_<

DSL1/DSL2/iPhone/Wireless Broadband/*insert something else here when they offshore my current jobs* technical support for Floptarse. Don't call me with your problems at 2am claiming you can't open aussiehomebrewer, I won't be interested ;)

Latest posts

Back