What do I do with VERY old beer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dblunn said:
How the hell was that discovered?
Haven't you ever woken up from a hard session to find yourself hooked to a beer enema? :wacko:

dblunn said:
How the hell was that discovered?
It wasn't, I just made it up too see if anyone would try using it and report back :lol:. Any old or stale beer I've ever tried has always tasted like shit so I thought it couldn't make an arse smell any worse than it was, and could even possibly have a soothing effect on roids at body type temperatures. A lot of people on here get pretty drunk so I hoped one or two might have undertaken initial tests to further add to the list of silly things people can do under the influence.

real_beer said:
It wasn't, I just made it up too see if anyone would try using it and report back :lol:. Any old or stale beer I've ever tried has always tasted like shit so I thought it couldn't make an arse smell any worse than it was, and could even possibly have a soothing effect on roids at body type temperatures. A lot of people on here get pretty drunk so I hoped one or two might have undertaken initial tests to further add to the list of silly things people can do under the influence.
Good hustle, lets wait and see.

So the general consensus to the question of what to do with very old beer is to shove it up your arse then?

I'm freezing some of my old Beer. (Gin Ale - pale with Ginger, spices, and Juniper Berries) Not something I can drink but has character.
Vinegar I love too. I've made brews of each Beer and Cider that are too tart or too extreme in spices or flavors but these are the best to make excellent vinegar. The Jacked stuff is also a good feeder to make good vinegar. I've made a 20lt Acidater (check spelling) a pumped ventury aerated circulated vessel that matures vinegar in 1 to 2 months rather than 1 year.
I'll share backyarder knowledge, If I get around to it, If anyone interested. Give us a pm or whatever.

real_beer said:
Stale old beer warmed to body temperature is one of the best remedies for treating hemorrhoids. Just pour some in a plastic wash basin and sit in it for a minimum 30 minutes. :icon_cheers:
Nope. Still got em, and just wasted a few pints of english bitter. Damn you

real_beer said:
Serves me right for not reading to the end of the thread...

Danscraftbeer said:
I'm freezing some of my old Beer. (Gin Ale - pale with Ginger, spices, and Juniper Berries) Not something I can drink but has character.
Vinegar I love too. I've made brews of each Beer and Cider that are too tart or too extreme in spices or flavors but these are the best to make excellent vinegar. The Jacked stuff is also a good feeder to make good vinegar. I've made a 20lt Acidater (check spelling) a pumped ventury aerated circulated vessel that matures vinegar in 1 to 2 months rather than 1 year.
I'll share backyarder knowledge, If I get around to it, If anyone interested. Give us a pm or whatever.
Yeah, I'm keen.. Would a 4.5% ABV equal a 4.5% acetic acid when finished?

Latest posts

Back