What do I do with VERY old beer?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spohaw said:
Could make a reduction sauce with it , should get a fair few bottles out of 300 Ltrs
hhmmm.. Don't think I've ever heard of a beer reduction sauce. Any good?

edit: I just found Beer B Que sauce!!!! Hey now we're talkin..

What have you got to lose? I've got about 50 X 750ml bottles of beer that I don't want to drink and I want to keep the glass bottles.
So? Beer Jack? but its all frothy to handle or ditch it on the lawn? I don't want to encourage the lawn growth. Down the sink?
I think Its good enough to Jack it but that's a bit of work/process as well.
I know Jacked Cider or beer lasts a long time, Like years! It gets crystal clear with a sediment layer on the bottom.

With 300 Ltrs to play around with why don't you have a crack

I've only made small amounts to add into things like casseroles and to use on smoked meat off the BBQ

Yum as !

Danscraftbeer said:
What have you got to lose? I've got about 50 X 750ml bottles of beer that I don't want to drink and I want to keep the glass bottles.
So? Beer Jack? but its all frothy to handle or ditch it on the lawn? I don't want to encourage the lawn growth. Down the sink?
I think Its good enough to Jack it but that's a bit of work/process as well.
I know Jacked Cider or beer lasts a long time, Like years! It gets crystal clear with a sediment layer on the bottom.
YES!! I might do that with a keg!!
I've got a MASSIVE freezer that's almost completely empty. I could put it in 20 litre buckets and give it a go.
Since it's low ABV I'll let the first lot just turn to slush and redo it with a harder freeze the second time.
What could I expect from a double run you think?

Spohaw said:
Thick lager ice beer
Nah, I'd be walkin down the road with my icebeer cone and the bar flies would bug the shit outta me.

I would mix it with flour, a pinch of salt. dip the floured fish fillets in it and into the deep fryer.

dblunn said:
Would it be bland enough to use as a base for fruit/spice beer?
It's plenty bland!! That and the fact it was lager in it's last life are the huge obstacles. I don't mind the occasional SWILLager myself, but don't tell anyone!!! I'm not ready to come out of the closet yet.
I'm thinking a fruit or spice beer would be an awesome idea. I've thought about adding some fermentables and kicking up the ABV and making a ginger beer or over cherries in oak for a sour.
One thing for sure. I'm going to do something constructive with this stuff!!

Image00006.jpg

wildwhitty said:
I would mix it with flour, a pinch of salt. dip the floured fish fillets in it and into the deep fryer.
unless I boil it way down, it wouldn't have enough flavour to notice.

Somebody stop me if I'm going way off the mark here please.....
I'm thinking to take 50 litres of the 4.6 ABV swill water, adding 1.8 kg honey and 1 litres of STRONG steeped tea, 1 cup lemon juice ferment it down until it's just sweet enough to be refreshing, then cold crash, Then send it through "The Pasteurnator" for a yeasocidal kill off my slaves and any lurking insubordinate evils. Carb to 3 volumes.

That should give me 50 ltrs of 6 ABV strong, sparkling, honey iced lemon tea that I could then share with those who aren't assholes.

Any advices?

Stale old beer warmed to body temperature is one of the best remedies for treating hemorrhoids. Just pour some in a plastic wash basin and sit in it for a minimum 30 minutes. :icon_cheers:

real_beer said:
Stale old beer warmed to body temperature is one of the best remedies for treating hemorrhoids. Just pour some in a plastic wash basin and sit in it for a minimum 30 minutes. :icon_cheers:
Or better yet, I could hook a warm keg up to my bidet and have a proper warm, fizzy beer ass-bath.

I know!! I could turn a tap upside down on the font and offer my bung a hard earned brew... Seriously... When was the last time you offered your ass an awesome craft beer experience?
I can only say that if I have.... I don't remember..

Just be sure you wear your favourite T-shirt while you sit, relax and enjoy your favourite beverage.

tap_large.png

on tap.jpg

real_beer said:
How the hell was that discovered?

Probably already been said but throw it through a still.

Back