What Did You Actually End Up Drinking On Christmas Day?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
We visited the Mrs' family branch on the Sunshine Coast at Peregian and amazed to see how Master 15 months has grown since last time we saw him.

I took up some carefully decanted Pilsen Ale Partial in 750m PET and plied them with a couple of glasses (the gen ys not the baby although his eyes followed every sip and his face lit up, yes lad this is what you can look forward to in years to come :p )

They thought it was great - oh and have one of what we are drinking it's really refreshing on a hot day:

Spent the rest of the day drinking Barefoot Radler :eek: If you forget it's beer and think of it as some sort of alcopop it's drinkable and actually IS refreshing!

Ah now back home quaffing a stout. I now have a strange desire to get some limes and lemons and ... noooooooooo

Just my homebrews. Kilkenny clone and a JSAA clone, but a lot of it :D

Started off with a couple of James Squire Golden Ale, then a champagne. A couple of JS Amber Ales followed by a 1999 Horlicks Sparkling Merlot (awesome). A red wine then home to a wheat beer just brewed (Out Wit), Amble Inn Ale (amber ale) and now a Murphys Stout (clone).

Been a good day.

Merry Christmas to all!

Knocked off and really enjoyed a 6 pack of Gage Roads IPA. VEry nice beer!

Also tasted the Potters Spiced Xmas Ale that my dad produced from the fridge. Was very nice also. Dark porter like base beer with a sweet xmas spice flavour and a firm ballancing bitterness.

kicking back at home now sipping a Kolsch from the keg.

Will probable finnish off with a Single Barrel JD on ice that i got from my wife. She's a good girl :)

cheers

CSA stubbies, and then bought out a golden ale of mine and it was a hit. Now at home and sampling some more of it :D

Bridge Road IPA, 3 Ravens 55, and a Sunshine Coast Brewery Best Bitter. Now that my duties as driver are over, am going to sit back and have a few more. Really impressed with all of them.

Bridge Road IPA, 3 Ravens 55, and a Sunshine Coast Brewery Best Bitter. Now that my duties as driver are over, am going to sit back and have a few more. Really impressed with all of them.

Jim where do you get the Sunny Coast Brew? We were round the hinterland on Tuesday doing the 3 Ms (Maleny etc) and none of the local bottlos stocked it, and a couple were even a bit dismissive.

Was up at Peregian today but of course everywhere closed :(

Well the day started off slowly with the VB vs Crownie vs VB gold taste off ... not much of a start I know, but did find out that Crownie is definitely not VB re packaged, and that the VB gold tastes better then the VB, and that they all taste pretty awful.

Latter moved onto the left over Hefeweizen in the keg which is now mostly flat.

Then moved onto the Belgian Blond in the keg that is improving with age, but is still rather over carbonated.

Now finishing it off nicely with Foreign Extra Stout which was carbonated up at lunch time and tasting might fine.

With all three boys away this Christmas it was just me & the missus. :(
Polished off a bottle of plonk left as a christmas gift & a few of my Beachy Belgian Pale Ales powered up with Leuven 3538. :beerbang:

TP :beer:

Had a few longies all chilled and prepared to take to the inlaws place....Then they ring and tell me they have bought a 6pk of LCPA so I don't need to bring any beer (I was the only person there who drinks beer, plus I was driving)..

Over the course of the 8 hours we were there I had a few LCPA, two glasses of champers and a glass of dessert wine.....

Right now we are finishing the bottle of Sem Sauv Blanc the missus opened at the inlaws.....

I put a keg of wittbier on for the family (the usual spices and chamomile), and cracked few bottles of a Rice pilsner w/ nelson savin hops and the last bottle of my Maibock from the ANABWS (mmmmmmmm).

A pretty good day is almost complete. Started by toasting Santa with a stubby of Dirty Angel. Seeing that I had taken over Elf duties by putting presents together, I thought I should have had a couple more, but that can wait. Left the empty bottle with the remains of Santa's snacks.
Lunch was accompanied by a long-neck of Whale Ale that had been in the fridge for ages, great drop.
Found a couple of long-necks of Porter that have been going down very nicely as a night-cap.
Cheers & Merry Christmas
Gerard

Well visiting my son in Perth,he knows my beer loves and so he had these for xmas.

DSCF0974.JPG

DSCF0975.JPG

DSCF0978.JPG

DSCF0980.JPG

And there were plenty more....and sons are saints ! :party:

Batz

Spent last night in Melbourne with the in-laws and polished off a selection of O'Briens pale, brown and lager with as well as a Young's double choc stout for the mother in law (she was in heaven) and a bottle of la chouffe for the missus (loves her Belgians).

Biggest surprise of the night was the 2 bottles of Cave Creek Chili Beer from USA (actually made in Mexico). Picked these up at the IGA in Bright last weekend for novelty value (whole jalapeno floating in the bottle) and my god it was spicy. Smelt and tasted like chili sauce and burned with a vengeance :wacko: - I'd pair it with a tub of yogurt in the future!!!

Some bubbly with breakfast, then dropped one daughter off at her fathers and headed to my parents for a couple of quiet brown ales with lunch then back to pick up my daughters from their mothers and home for a relax and a few quiet pale ales.

Actually will be a couple of quiet days beer wise until we get all the kids back together and hit the beach on Saturday for a week and don't have to drive anywhere. :beer:

Cheers, Andrew.

Picked these up at the IGA in Bright last weekend for novelty value (whole jalapeno floating in the bottle) and my god it was spicy. Smelt and tasted like chili sauce and burned with a vengeance :wacko: - I'd pair it with a tub of yogurt in the future!!!

Cheers, Andrew.

Beer from the IGA ? My God if only.... damn the Anna Bligh government...... :angry:

Jim where do you get the Sunny Coast Brew? We were round the hinterland on Tuesday doing the 3 Ms (Maleny etc) and none of the local bottlos stocked it, and a couple were even a bit dismissive.

Was up at Peregian today but of course everywhere closed :(

From Nectar in West End. Best bottlo in Brisbane, hands down. They also had the SCB Hefe and Summer Ale (which I'll be in to try after the best bitter.)

From Nectar in West End. Best bottlo in Brisbane, hands down. They also had the SCB Hefe and Summer Ale (which I'll be in to try after the best bitter.)

Cheers, I'll head down that way soon. :icon_cheers:

Back