What Could Go Wrong?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

achy02

Reaction score
Hi all,
I managed to get beer in my micromatic reg and following some instructions on AHB gave it a bit of clean out, mainly around the spring and rubber diaprham. It all looked good and was easy enough to pull apart etc. I am about to give it a run but I have some creeping concerns about exactly what might happen if I have screwed it up. I am using a soda stream bottle, and I have some distant child hood memory of people using soda bulbs to blow stuff up. So I guess my question is... what is the worst that can go wrong? Are there any protective measures to take to ensure Is don't blow myself up. (dramatic I know) Any ideas?
Ache

Firstly I have to say I have no experience or knowlege regarding the pulling apart/putting back together of regs. If it were me, I'd very very slowly turn the gas bottle on so if the reg is f**ked then you'll be able to hear the gas before it comes out in a big whooshing gust.

Hi all,
I managed to get beer in my micromatic reg and following some instructions on AHB gave it a bit of clean out, mainly around the spring and rubber diaprham. It all looked good and was easy enough to pull apart etc. I am about to give it a run but I have some creeping concerns about exactly what might happen if I have screwed it up. I am using a soda stream bottle, and I have some distant child hood memory of people using soda bulbs to blow stuff up. So I guess my question is... what is the worst that can go wrong? Are there any protective measures to take to ensure Is don't blow myself up. (dramatic I know) Any ideas?
Ache
Kids who used to use them to blow stuff up normally strapped sparklers and firecrackers to them to try and breach the integrity of canister, so I wouldn't expect any issues unless you went out of your way to damage the container. As mentioned above if you just go slow to first test the gear you won't run into any issues, CO2 is not flammable so you won't have the same worries about escaping gas as you do with LPG etc.

Cool, I will give it a go. My thinking was that the gas would just escape in a hurry but you never know. I thought it better to ask. Thanks for the replies.

Been there, done that and bought a non-return valve.
As long as you cleaned it out straight away and dried it there shouldn't be any problems. Mine seems to work a little bit smoother since i took it off-road.

Vuvuzela!

Campbell

Latest posts

Back