What Cheezes You Off!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might want to edit that statement there Muggus. There are all sorts of people on this forum, you never know who's watching.

Cheers,

microbe

Yes,

Mark Chovain is probably onto the phone with ATO as I type.

cheers

Darren

maybe a sign on the beer fridge isnt such a bad idea. i dont get many visitors so something easy and to the point. nothing too involved.

im thinking some spray paint, or just a jagged metal bar to scratch into the fridge door the statement "You are not worthy". if they hesitate, they get no beer.

Yes,

Mark Chovain is probably onto the phone with ATO as I type.

cheers

Darren

Too late. Ebay has been raided! :lol:

5%20Prohibition%20Disposal(9).jpg

I used to give workmates samples on the condition that they give me detailed feedback. Detailed feedback to them is apparantly was little more than "it's good", so I too turned to supplying them with soured beers, extreme IPA's, imperial stouts etc. Even then, a 45gram/L Imperial IPA apparantly "tasted like hoegaarden". I give up!

Here you go print and enjoy
approx 25cm x 14cm should get the point accross

Franko

warning_label_art.jpg

Here you go print and enjoy
approx 25cm x 14cm should get the point accross

Franko
Hahaha thats awesome Franko!
Though I reckon my mates would stand there and say "Hey, whats a palate?"

Maybe it should read-
DANGER
THIS BEER CONTAINS
FLAVOUR AND AROMA​

NoVB.jpg

I put this simple pic together a while back for my website (which sits stagnant and unloved....much like the beer in the picture above, actually). It may come in useful to get your point across ;)

Also I dont like to send a crate of beer home with someone to slam it back with their mates only to come back the next day and say "Its not the same as VB though".

Steve

That gives me the s**ts as well. I can talk to someone at work about brewing and I ask them what sought of beer they like and the generic answer always seems to be I like something like VB, Carlton Cold, Hahn Light, West End, yada, yada, yada,
FFS have you not tried a beer with some sought of aroma or flavour. That cheezes me off know end!!!

I used to give workmates samples on the condition that they give me detailed feedback. Detailed feedback to them is apparantly was little more than "it's good", so I too turned to supplying them with soured beers, extreme IPA's, imperial stouts etc. Even then, a 45gram/L Imperial IPA apparantly "tasted like hoegaarden". I give up!

am i reading correctly, but was that 45g/L???

holy shit!

now thats a beer id love to taste!

and lmfao at saying it would taste like hoegaarden!

I've also nearly given up at trying to convert the mates. do have a couple of rays of light though, lately been getting on mate into a few decent brews. hes been enjoying a few of my homebrews, and recently tried chimay blue and leffe blonde and was quite the fan. has no intrest at all in brewing, but at least he does appreciate a good beer and is more than willing to learn about them and broaden his palate.

lol, guy i know before i moved to where i am now whenever he tried any of my homebrew, his first comment was "has kind of a vegimite taste"... WTF??? that said though, his favourite beer is extra dry platinum.

[edit]

btw, bugwan, that picture is pure gold! printing that out and sticking it on my beer fridge for sure!

Great stuff fellas. My dad is a classic, he really loves my beers (and with good reason) least of which he gets the bastards for nothing. Anyway he loves all my stuff but there is no way in hell he wants to make it himself. I have offered many times to set him up with a Coopers kit or sim. and even convert his bar fridge to a basic keg system but no way. Just confirms that my dad really is Frank Borone.

Steve

Great stuff fellas. My dad is a classic, he really loves my beers (and with good reason) least of which he gets the bastards for nothing. Anyway he loves all my stuff but there is no way in hell he wants to make it himself. I have offered many times to set him up with a Coopers kit or sim. and even convert his bar fridge to a basic keg system but no way. Just confirms that my dad really is Frank Borone.

Steve

SJW,

Why should he bother with a great son like you? Think about this ---- If it had not been for your dad you would never have been made yourself. :)
And if you had never been made yourself, how could you ever appreciate the beers that you have made yourself that were never made by yourself? Your dad would have never loved the beers that you would not have made if you had never been made by your dad yourself for yourself if you get my drift?
Love your dad with all you can. :beerbang: Life is too short. :) Getting a little pissy here?
Weird!

TP :beer:

A lot pissy I'd say. I did not say I did not love the old codger, just wish he would give it a crack himself.

Now every one form a circle
LINK arms
GROUP HUG
1,2,3 OOOORRRRGGGHHH :icon_cheers:

Now thats been done get back to the shed crack a brew :beerbang:
And lets start work on the next one :party:

What cheeses me off is the bit of hop cone that is blocking the dip tube in my freshly tapped corny keg reducing the flow rate to just a trickle. :angry:

What cheeses me off is the bit of hop cone that is blocking the dip tube in my freshly tapped corny keg reducing the flow rate to just a trickle. :angry:

Mate, not your week for that sorta thing. :eek:

Have you tried sticking a black beer disconnect on your gas line. Turning the pressure up pretty high and basically blasting the flower away from the tube?

Warren -

Latest posts

Back