• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

What Brand Regulator Is This ?

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

HaveFun

Reaction score
hello

can anyone tell me which brand this regulator is ? westway is written on the gauges ?

my problem is that i like to force carbonate my beer with 300kPa or about 45 PSI but the pressure release valve from my regulator opens already around 27 PSI ? :angry:

thank you
cheers
stefan
mandurah

Maheel

Reaction score
your gonna need a better reg then...

thats a cheap as chips (Chinese?) reg, i have one and it did the same so i use it as my serving reg and have a better one to force carb with

i just turn my bottle on and off when serving pressure gets "low" as the reg leaks a bit as well... :huh:

Brewers Choice

Reaction score
Westway is a Western AustraliaN supplier of keg fridges, kegs, etc. The reg is Chinese - does the standard job and is fine for a serving reg. Its a case of you get what you pay for.

milob40

i'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal
Reaction score
had one of these under a different guise , kept pouring gas in until the relief valve popped on the keg and emptied the contents of my co2 cylinder.
i strongly suggest a tesuco regulator or similar would be bare minimum ( i have one) quality to aim fo.no affiliation by the way.
forget trying to force carb with one of these, i couldn't get the necessary flow into my keg.
i just learnt the hard way.

nala

Reaction score
hello

can anyone tell me which brand this regulator is ? westway is written on the gauges ?

my problem is that i like to force carbonate my beer with 300kPa or about 45 PSI but the pressure release valve from my regulator opens already around 27 PSI ? :angry:

thank you
cheers
stefan
mandurah
Stefan,
Brewers Delight sell the Harris CO2 regulator, more expensive but you get what you pay for !

HaveFun

Reaction score
Hi

i got the regulator with the fridge... ok i will by a new one

The Harris regulartor are fine for force carbonation ?

Which is a good brand for a regulator Harris, Micromatic, Tesuco '?

thanks

stefan
mandurah

kelbygreen

Crazy Clown
Reaction score
tesuco are cheaper and far better then them regs. They also have a built in one way valve, but I run a second one to be sure.

HaveFun

Reaction score

sim

Reaction score
I like my micromatic quite a lot, been goin strong for years. I say don't skrimp, and get a NRV.

twizt1d

Reaction score
i use a tesuco and find it fairly solidly built, dont think you can go wrong with any of the ones recommended

stux

Hacienda Brewhaus
Reaction score
Hi

i got the regulator with the fridge... ok i will by a new one

The Harris regulartor are fine for force carbonation ?

Which is a good brand for a regulator Harris, Micromatic, Tesuco '?

thanks

stefan
mandurah
They are all good. The only thing to consider is if you want to get a multi pressure reg, or if you want the ability to gang more regs later

milob40

i'd rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal
Reaction score
i use a tesuco and find it fairly solidly built, dont think you can go wrong with any of the ones recommended
+1 very solid build quality, micromatic may be ok but not built like the tesuco (very heavy)and the adjustment handle is way better on the tesuco

Crusty

The Electric Brewery
Reaction score
I've owned both of these & still have the Tesuco.

good

better

I found the Micromatic a little better in build quality but the Tesuco is way easier to set your desired pressure. Both equal in everything else but Tesuco has the built in PRV which is a nice feature. I would be looking at the Tesuco personally.

QldKev

Brew Dude
Reaction score
I've got a Harris and a Micromatic, both seem decent regs. I like the Harris a bit better as the knob to adjust it is a bit better to grab, and also exactly 1 turn on the dial is 1 bar. The Harris is about 7 years old, and the Micromatic is about 3 years, both have been reliable.

HaveFun

Reaction score
@ fish13

thanks

but im not very confident about this kegs.. they look a little bit doughy

i got on the weekend 3 pepsi ones for 170$

cheers stefan
mandurah

Latest posts