What Brand Regulator Is This ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HaveFun

Reaction score
hello

can anyone tell me which brand this regulator is ? westway is written on the gauges ?

regulator.JPG

my problem is that i like to force carbonate my beer with 300kPa or about 45 PSI but the pressure release valve from my regulator opens already around 27 PSI ? :angry:

thank you
cheers
stefan
mandurah

your gonna need a better reg then...

thats a cheap as chips (Chinese?) reg, i have one and it did the same so i use it as my serving reg and have a better one to force carb with

i just turn my bottle on and off when serving pressure gets "low" as the reg leaks a bit as well... :huh:

Westway is a Western AustraliaN supplier of keg fridges, kegs, etc. The reg is Chinese - does the standard job and is fine for a serving reg. Its a case of you get what you pay for.

had one of these under a different guise , kept pouring gas in until the relief valve popped on the keg and emptied the contents of my co2 cylinder.
i strongly suggest a tesuco regulator or similar would be bare minimum ( i have one) quality to aim fo.no affiliation by the way.
forget trying to force carb with one of these, i couldn't get the necessary flow into my keg.
i just learnt the hard way.

hello

can anyone tell me which brand this regulator is ? westway is written on the gauges ?

regulator.JPG

my problem is that i like to force carbonate my beer with 300kPa or about 45 PSI but the pressure release valve from my regulator opens already around 27 PSI ? :angry:

thank you
cheers
stefan
mandurah

Stefan,
Brewers Delight sell the Harris CO2 regulator, more expensive but you get what you pay for !

Hi

i got the regulator with the fridge... ok i will by a new one

The Harris regulartor are fine for force carbonation ?

Which is a good brand for a regulator Harris, Micromatic, Tesuco '?

thanks

stefan
mandurah

tesuco are cheaper and far better then them regs. They also have a built in one way valve, but I run a second one to be sure.

I like my micromatic quite a lot, been goin strong for years. I say don't skrimp, and get a NRV.

i use a tesuco and find it fairly solidly built, dont think you can go wrong with any of the ones recommended

Hi

i got the regulator with the fridge... ok i will by a new one

The Harris regulartor are fine for force carbonation ?

Which is a good brand for a regulator Harris, Micromatic, Tesuco '?

thanks

stefan
mandurah

They are all good. The only thing to consider is if you want to get a multi pressure reg, or if you want the ability to gang more regs later

i use a tesuco and find it fairly solidly built, dont think you can go wrong with any of the ones recommended
+1 very solid build quality, micromatic may be ok but not built like the tesuco (very heavy)and the adjustment handle is way better on the tesuco

I've owned both of these & still have the Tesuco.

good

better

I found the Micromatic a little better in build quality but the Tesuco is way easier to set your desired pressure. Both equal in everything else but Tesuco has the built in PRV which is a nice feature. I would be looking at the Tesuco personally.

I've got a Harris and a Micromatic, both seem decent regs. I like the Harris a bit better as the knob to adjust it is a bit better to grab, and also exactly 1 turn on the dial is 1 bar. The Harris is about 7 years old, and the Micromatic is about 3 years, both have been reliable.

@ fish13

thanks

but im not very confident about this kegs.. they look a little bit doughy

i got on the weekend 3 pepsi ones for 170$

cheers stefan
mandurah

Back