What Beer Concentrate Is Good To Put On Now?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stewills

Reaction score
hi all again!

thanks for all the advice and replies on the previous posting i had...

one other thing.. what is a good beer to brew now? or any ideas on what is a favorite or what is good?

Hi Stewills,

What styles do you like?

You can try ESB Fresh Worts. They are a 15 litre allgrain brew, that you pour into your fermenter, add up to five litres, if you wish, there are differing opinions on the additional of water, then add yeast. Have you tried liquid yeast.

Check out the ESB website.

Cheers,
Jase

i brewed both the 15L Fresh Wort Pils and the 3kg Pils by esb and i prefer the 3kg kit so far. Still lagering both. Both made with WLP802.

Bobby said:
i brewed both the 15L Fresh Wort Pils and the 3kg Pils by esb and i prefer the 3kg kit so far. Still lagering both. Both made with WLP802.

Did you add any water to the 15L wort?

Cheers,
Jase

When I started out, I was trying to replicate beers I liked. The more I looked at recipes, the more it became about making different styles, and tweaking things to my tastes.

I'd say try some different beers and styles, work out what you like, and just experiment. Thats the fun part.

Wreck.

I have to agree with Wreck. Brew what you want to your taste. I've currently got a Partial-mash Bock CCing as well as an Imperial Red Ale CCing (though how close to style it actually is is anybody's guess.....)

Maybe you should look at doing a Lager style while there is still a chill in the air. I just did a quick Pilsener GMK style with MORGANS GOLDEN SAAZ kit and i was going to use 1kg of DEX but i got the Malt + ie, 330g DEX 330g Maltodex, 330g DME & 100G OF Wheat malt, al made up to 20 litres with a little extra kit of 40g SAAZ steeped in . OG1050 and i rack it/CC next week.
If u like lagers and dont have temp control now is the time to do em
GOOD LUCK

STEVE

Depends where you live and what temp constraints you have. I don't have a fridge or coolroom so have to content with room temperature for fermentation. Living in a highrise means the temperture has stayed constaint, for the last two months at 18-17C (depending on room), so I've gone mad with rich ales. If temp is under control then maybe some refleshing lagers or wheat beers for summer.

hi all!

i decided to put on a Morgan's pilsner for my next brew! thanks for all the advice!

Stewills,

I recommend adding a kilo of liquid malt extract in place of the usual kilo of dextrose or sugar, and about 20g of saaz hop pellets to that Morgan's pilsener. I also recommend getting 200g of carapils grains (get your HBS guy to crack them for you) and soak them in 2-3L of just boiled water for about 20 minutes. Strain the water from the grains through a fine seive, or grain bag into a large pot, add your kilo of liquid malt, dissolve and boil for 15 minutes. When you turn off the heat, throw in the saaz hops then gently tip all this into your fermenter. Add the kit, dissolve, then top up with cold water before you pitch the yeast. This takes only another half hour, but will drastically improve the flavour, body and head retention of the standard Morgans kit. I made the Morgans Pils as my first kit beer, with just a kilo of dextrose and although it tasted kind of like beer, it really wasn't something I was happy to share with people. It had no head retention either.

Welcome to an addictive but rewarding hobby!

Cheers - Snow

Your correct Snow , but hey this guy has not even done a K&K as yet !

Get a couple of those under his belt before a partial mash , you gotta walk before you run

:D :rolleyes:

Batz :ph34r:

Whoops sorry got the wrong thread here

Please don't be too harsh on me ?

:eek: :huh:

i better get to the homebrew shop before 5 30 today!!!! thanks for the advice!

How could we be harsh on you, Batz? You're just too nice a guy! :D

i about 4L. That is including the 1L of starter. Made it so its enough to fill the keg

Back