What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you trying to set up a tunnel through ssh?

I don't know what ssh is.
Is that quiet or an IT nerd thing?

Either way - no. I am trying to build a tunnel for all beer brewers and lovers who will find nirvana in ambient, death and black industrial as I have.

Long tunnel

Sometimes there's no room to turn around.

J5 Quality Control
After 12 years, it is good to come back to. When all of the Triple J mupppets jumped on and then the band became a college rock outfit I couldn't listen to them, but with some distance it is a rewarding listen and bona fide hip hop.

Not something i'd normally give the time of day to, but can't stop listening to a new track by ShockOne - "Chaos Theory".

It's dubstep, heavily electronic, which for me is very new to my listening range.

Normally i'd listen to more "proper instruments" but in a huge variety of styles being a music teacher, but this synthesized stuff is caving my head in right now.
Very dense and musically interesting.

Fintroll: Det Iskalla Trollblodet

@Big Nath - The idea of real instruments versus electronic is a pretty arbritrary one. I think of electric guitars as an electronic instrument and I think of a band like Pink Floyd as an electronic music band. I love a lot of electronic solo project stuff (generally not dance oriented which is what a lot of people seem to people think electronic music consists of)

Loads of good shit out there, no matter how it is made (and vice versa - a lot like beer). Massive amounts of really interesting and experimental stuff has been done with non-traditional electronic stuff - look at circuit benders, Chris Carter/Throbbing gristle, early industrial music, musique concrete, etc.

@Big Nath - The idea of real instruments versus electronic is a pretty arbritrary one. I think of electric guitars as an electronic instrument and I think of a band like Pink Floyd as an electronic music band. I love a lot of electronic solo project stuff (generally not dance oriented which is what a lot of people seem to people think electronic music consists of)

Completely agree with you Manticle.

My post was more aimed at someone who may not play a musical instrument and appreciate the cross over of analogue instruments (electric guitar is a good example) into the digital world via effects, midi, recording techniques etc etc.

Just trying to draw peoples attention to this track as it's incredibly well constructed, and soo obviously electronica that the average person would see what i meant by my very "loose" description of style.

You and I both know that we are both active musicians, but it's really scary how many people think that the majority of pop music (as an example) are still done with "instruments" as opposed to programming modules, dealing with midi, samples, vst plugins etc. Most of my students are shocked when they rock up (pun intended) with the next song they would like to tackle, when i enlighten them as to how the track would have been made.

For the layperson or musically uneducated, i wouldn't open the can of worms that is in the above paragraph distancing "instruments" from the different technologies now freely available these days. I consider software, midi programming, plugins etc vital tools to creating music and artistic freedom, and therefore in my head probably qualify to be classed as "instruments" too, but the average person wouldn't make the same distinctions that you and i would make.

No music at the moment, house sitting for a friend and it takes an extra 1/2 hour to get to work so listening to the audiobook Mass Effect: Ascension

giggle and hoot - the goodbye song

Last edited by a moderator:
giggle and hoot - the goodbye song

Ahh.. the dulcet tones of Jimmy Giggle, tis the prelude to mum and dad time at our joint is that.

I prefer the hard rocking, Chuck Berry inspired 'Giggle mobile' personally though.

some interesting experimental black/death

Dodecahedron -

Just about to put on the new Parkway Drive album Atlas...have heard good and bad things about it...I guess I will see soon enough

Back