What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doves - Kingdom of Rust
Vampire Weekend (The kids love it)
Gotye (Painted Blood)
Rodrigo y Gabriela

I love Australian hip hop
Not a fan of hip hop/rap stuff, but aussie hip hop is great fun to listen to!

At the moment my mp3s are loaded up with:
Silversun Pickups -Swoon
Phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix
Eskimo Joe - Inshalla
Sydonia
Superb Lyrebird
Bushido
Throwdown
Hatebreed

and a few podcasts off a spanish site called buffetlibredjs... AWESOME awesome remixes.

someone say hip hop?

Hilltop Hoods - cant wait till the new album drops soon.
Bliss and Eso
Pegz
Bias B - New album coming in a month
Delta
TZU - although went a bit commercial on their last album
True Live
Elf Tranzporter
Mattriks
Babblekin

someone say hip hop?

:icon_chickcheers:

I have Metabass n Breath's first album, still give it the odd spin.
Prowla Fan?
I haven't heard Bias B in years, hope he is still of the quality I remember.

After all the above Sepultura talk, I have pulled out their back catalogue and have had the first two albums on repeat for about a week.

:icon_chickcheers:

I have Metabass n Breath's first album, still give it the odd spin.
Prowla Fan?
I haven't heard Bias B in years, hope he is still of the quality I remember.

After all the above Sepultura talk, I have pulled out their back catalogue and have had the first two albums on repeat for about a week.

Metabass n breath was Elf's first album wasnt it? i had that aggggges ago but lost it, i think the third track if i remember is wicked.

Yea Bias is still great imo not for everyone but i grew up on the hurstbridge line so i can relate to alot of it, although he has grown up now with a kid and another one on the way!

someone say hip hop?

Hilltop Hoods - cant wait till the new album drops soon.
Bliss and Eso
Pegz
Bias B - New album coming in a month
Delta
TZU - although went a bit commercial on their last album
True Live
Elf Tranzporter
Mattriks
Babblekin

Love the Hoodies, Pez, Downsyde, Drapht, The Herd, Muph & Plutonic

Metabass n breath was Elf's first album wasnt it? i had that aggggges ago but lost it, i think the third track if i remember is wicked.

Yea Bias is still great imo not for everyone but i grew up on the hurstbridge line so i can relate to alot of it, although he has grown up now with a kid and another one on the way!

Metabass was (is still?) a Sydney crew which contained Elf, but also Morganics, Sloth (trumpet) and Baba (who is featured freestyling in the credits of this movie) they have had other members but I can't remember. They were hip hop before aussies know it existed. But not before Def Wish Cast...

I remember seeing Bias at a gig in Wollongong youth centre, angrily rapping about the posca leaking into his boxers and doing the hursty line. Good times.

David Byrne and Brian Eno - Everything That Happens Will Happen Today.
Been listening to this over and over since I saw Byrne at the Opera House a couple months ago. Farken great Byrne, great Eno. http://www.everythingthathappens.com/

And even to meld the two strains of conversation.
Have you heard "N.A.S.A. - The Spirit of Apollo" ?

Has Byrne among others in some very interesting (if a little slick) combinations.

Last edited by a moderator:
just listened to the Poxy Boggards song, "God bless every brewing man".

Great lyrics: "Consider this as you sit on your @ss. 'Tis his life's work that fills your glass. God save every brewing brewing man ".

Just finding some time to listen to my mp3 collection today.

I bought the new Karnivool album (sound awake) on friday and the only time its been out of the CD player was to put it into the PC to burn a copy for my car and my partners car - AWESOME album.
Its up there with Dream Theatres album Metropolis Part 2: Scenes from a Memory for me which is really saying something.

The album has had mixed reviews from music journos and karnivool fans alike and I can see where some of them are coming from regarding the length of the songs - but for me thats fine I like the epic buildup of the songs and the album.

Anyone know of a Melbourne band called Jericco ? Saw them the other week in Sydney, they rock.

James Brown-In the Jungle Groove(funky as hell)-Mash in
Mos Def- The Ecstatic (his new album) -Sparging
The Answer-Rise (hard rockin Irishmen, Led Zep successors)- The Boil
Free- Best of Free (uncanny resemblance to some Black Keys material)-Chilling and clean up

Neil Young - Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere

Down By The River.. so epic, so good.

ED: I could happily brew with you Mike.

A lot of Metallica, thanks to Guitar Hero.

Architects (UK) - Hollow Crown. There's alot of great music coming out of the UK lately for some reason?

Latest posts

Back