What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beehive and the Barracudas - Pure Commotion

I'm still on my first listen of this album and I'm trying really hard not to declare it as their best already. It is easily their most immediate record but still chokkas with their raw, shambolic drug-fugue. So stoked.

Beehive and the Barracudas - Pure Commotion

I'm still on my first listen of this album and I'm trying really hard not to declare it as their best already. It is easily their most immediate record but still chokkas with their raw, shambolic drug-fugue. So stoked.

I think I listened to one of their albums once. Reminded me a bit of the Pixies.

I like the first 2 Pixies album a great deal but I don't see much similarity myself. But that could obviously just be me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Karnivool - Sound Awake
TV on the Radio - Dear Science
Temper Trap - Conditions
Passion Pit - Manners

Street Sweeper Social Club

Tom Morello / Boots Riley

Just the one listen so far in the car, pretty good. Very similar to RATM at times, though Boots has a very different sound to Zak De La Roca.

Cheers SJ

Been a bit old school of late

2 months straight in the car CD player.

Megadeth - Rust in Peace B)

Dave is right up there with one of the finest axemen i have seen and heard.

Finally took it out last night and replaced it with Fear Factory - Demanufacture (seen these guys 8 times now)

And from those 2 albums i doubt you need to ask my opinion of hip hop.......

Matt Bianco
Shakatak
Ottmar Liebert
The Gypsy Kings

I thought Alexander Rybak's "Fairytale" on Eurovision was a knockout and seemingly so did a lot of other people.

:)

Just got my hands on a couple of old Buffalo albums. Only Want You For Your Body is particularly impressive. Just think Black Sabbath Oz Style. :super:

Oh and managed to get my hands on an old fave of mine Ball Power (Lobby Loyde).

Warren -

The new hoods album is the jam. took a while but its def growing on me.

Haste the Day - Dreamer. I'm not personally into their way of thinking, but bloody hell, these guys can write some cool songs!

Hilltop Hoods on tv.

Christ these guys are crap.

Today Whilst brewing
Mash in- Best of Elvis Costello
Sparging- Kraftwerk- The Mix
Boil-Pixies Death to the Pixies
Chilling-The Who- Best of

Feeling retro today

Listening to the best of Hank Williams earlier cleaning the house.

Pavement Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain now.

Left Lane Cruiser - Bring Yo Ass To The Table
Canned Heat - Best of.

Just got my hands on a couple of old Buffalo albums. Only Want You For Your Body is particularly impressive. Just think Black Sabbath Oz Style. :super:

Oh and managed to get my hands on an old fave of mine Ball Power (Lobby Loyde).

Warren -

Lobby Loyde - I seen this fellow, maybe 9 too 10 years ago for the first time, If thats how he has always played, wow , inspirational stuff, I thought he was great.

Left Lane Cruiser - Bring Yo Ass To The Table
Canned Heat - Best of.

Canned Heat front man (Walter Trout) you tube : Dust My Broom - Walter Trout, sit can he play that axe.

Back