What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damien "jr gong" Marley - Welcome to Jamrock. Missed the boat on this one a few years back. I've been sifting through a bit of newish reggae, but this album really stands out. There are a couple of r'n'b style tracks I skip through, but overall it's a solid piece of work. An exciting audible experience.

Modern day reggae sounds a bit like light hip hop mixed with a bit of rap. I like a bit of dancehall, but prefer reggae with a bit more dub style. Does anyone know of anyone producing stuff like the Upsetters, Lee 'scratch' Perry, Augustus Pablo, King Tubby, etc? I've tried a bit of NZ stuff. There is a good scene there, but I'm not diggin' it too much.

Bowie

Damien "jr gong" Marley - Welcome to Jamrock.

Nice.

You just made me listen to 'Nah Mean' from the album he did with Nas. It was the only song that I really liked on it though. Welcome to Jamrock comes out every now and then here, usually loud.

When you find someone producing stuff of the standard of the Upsetters' Blackboard Jungle Dub stuff, you let me know.

The Pogues - If I Should Fall from Grace with God

Brings back memories of linking arms with the wife and skipping round in circles in some retardo square dance. Excellent primer for a big night out.

Babies change that..

The bargirl/performer playing the piano accordion at the Sail and Anchor last weekend dressed as some kind of pirate wench or something (highly conducive, anyway) launched into a few bars of Dirty Old Town between instrumental ditties. THAT was hot.

drinking belgians and listening to fear factory demanufacture

drinking belgians and listening to fear factory demanufacture

:beerbang:

Jeez, I used to thrash that album.

I'm sure it's still laying around here somewhere. Mind you, it just wouldn't be the same listening to it quietly since the 3yo is asleep....

well i just woke up my 5yo but my 3yo daughter who is asleep in the room next too the stereo is fast asleep

Ha! Nice one, I reckon my daughter would probably sleep through it too. I didn't find the Fear Factory CD but I did find some Pantera.......

Toe To Toe - Falling Short
Mindsnare - In Reach of No Man

Nice job!!! Old school. Back in the days when a live gig was an event, before the word "mosh" was appropriated by pop culture to mean "jump up and down on the spot" - hardcore wasn't about fringes and designer clothes. That's it, I'm digging out my 7"s!!!

3 sides of my musical coin:

Sick of it All, Hatebreed, Parkway Drive, Ramallah. (Hardcore)

Bar9, Skrillex, Nero. (Dubstep)

Looptroop, Atmosphere, Dilated Peoples, MF Doom. (Hip hop)

They've been playing this on the promo for Deadliest catch on fox. Johny Cashes version of the old gospel tune 'Ain't no grave lifted from from the last of his 'American' series of recordings.
Kind of haunting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Listening to Chickenfoot while the boil is on

Wugazi.

I know nothing good comes from internet hype but I am looking forward to seeing if the album works.

I'm really off the pulse with you guys - the new Maiden best since 7th son? The new Motorhead the best one for ages?

Mastodon we can agree on. Ihsahn's last solo album was majestorial, Opeth live just as amazing as Opeth in the studio.

I think Maiden are the most phenomenal live band in the world, regardless of age, but the Final Frontier has one too many lags for me...for me there is no way that Matter of Life or Death can be beaten in the last 4 albums.
Listened to both albums back to back again after our little tte--tte Saturday night.

And with all due respect, YOU ARE WRONG.

:p

I love . He's got a lot of assorted stuff on YouTube.

I spent the morning getting angry at the man listening to PE "Bumrush" and "Nation of Millions" then the afternoon listening to second-hand talkback radio. That shit will give me cancer.

Have been getting my stoner groove on with Red Fang.

Cool video:

Back