What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pure Guava

Excellent choice. If you liked 12 Golden Country Greats, I'd highly recommend getting Ween and Shit Creek Boys live. It's has songs from around that era and a few a earlier ones, preformed with a fiddle and slide guitar player.

Dug through the CD collection and found a couple of crackers

No Means No - The Worldhood Of The World (As Such)
Dillenger Escape Plan with Mike Patton - Irony is a Dead Scene

Teething baby - Crying.

Certainly more edgy and resonant than his early work with more improv than a Miles Davis set. Pronounced Doppler effect can be noted as one approaches cot and tiptoes back down the hall.
Vocal register seems to be mezzo-soprano, though stylistically quite diverse ranging from sustained, almost meditative 'black key' notes, through to 'vocal fry' reminiscent of Angela Gossow, culminating - relevant to the length of the performance - in an eventual degradation of the high notes and winding up like a raspy Jimmy Barnes at the height of his alcoholism.

Performer is now becoming infamous however for spontaneous encore's throughout the night.
I hope here releases some new material shortly as the audience is finding his current repertoire becoming somewhat passe..

Eddie Vedder - Ukulele Songs...

Next up is Taylor Hawkins and the Coat Tail Riders...

Farnsie

john_farnham_whispering_jack_album_cover_17446.jpeg

Rise Against and Parkway drive... both doing well to make the brewery feel more like home :rolleyes: ...

certainly do will when I put 4 x tower speakers in there this weekend and shake the roof off :icon_drunk:

Though not part of my regular diet -
Dire Straits - Alchemy.
And seeing as I'm comfortably arrogant enough to state my opinion as fact, I can tell you this is one of the best live rock recordings ever.

What ever happened to the self indulgent guitar crescendo?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rise Against and Parkway drive... both doing well to make the brewery feel more like home :rolleyes: ...

certainly do will when I put 4 x tower speakers in there this weekend and shake the roof off :icon_drunk:
Rise Against is great for drowning out loud ipod users on the train.
:kooi:

I have a sneaky suspicion that Antonio Vivaldi would have ;)

Antonio Vivaldi the 18th century priest/composer? Seems somewhat unlikely to me.

Spent his time hanging around schoolgirls / street kids ... priest.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Jean Grae - Cookies Or Comas

MacArthur Park - Richard Harris version.

7 minute epic of a crooning, pickled acting legend driven home by an orchestral powerhouse.

'Someone left the cake out in the rain, and I don't think that I can take, it cause it took so long to bake it
and I'll never have that recipe again,
Oh, no!

..grandeur..

Einsturzende Neubauaten: Blume (Frech Version)

English Version here:

Back