What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New Polly Jean album is great. A true artist, she never makes the same album twice and is always moving in a new direction.

Had an awesome day at Soundwave yesterday. :super: :super:

Was also a tad disappointed with Slayer. Even hardcore Slayer fans (I like them but can take them or leave them) weren't impressed with their choice of songs.

I went to Soundwave in Sydney to see Slayer, thousands gathered in front of the stage and they no-showed. I was pissed. A mate went in Melbourne and said they put on a pretty average show, he's seen them a number of times before. Sounds like I didn't miss much! I thought Ill Nino put on a good show.

I went to Soundwave in Sydney to see Slayer, thousands gathered in front of the stage and they no-showed. I was pissed. A mate went in Melbourne and said they put on a pretty average show, he's seen them a number of times before. Sounds like I didn't miss much! I thought Ill Nino put on a good show.

Did you see many other bands on Stage 4 / Stage 4 Annex ? As a contrast to the big Maiden thing, the Melvins cranked out a beautifully bent set.

Did you see many other bands on Stage 4 / Stage 4 Annex ? As a contrast to the big Maiden thing, the Melvins cranked out a beautifully bent set.

Murderdolls played on stage 4 and put on a good show, also Rob Zombie wasn't too bad. I'm not really a big Zombie fan but his show was much more spectacular than Slayer's <_<
Didn't catch the Melvins, bit of a shame, I must've buggered off to another stage at that time. Did they play on Stage 4? I watched Iron Maiden for a while and then shot over to catch Pennywise, been trying to see Pennywise for years, finally got to. Jeez, the guys in Iron Maiden looked old when they came out on stage! :lol:

Didn't catch the Melvins, bit of a shame, I must've buggered off to another stage at that time. Did they play on Stage 4? I watched Iron Maiden for a while and then shot over to catch Pennywise, been trying to see Pennywise for years, finally got to. Jeez, the guys in Iron Maiden looked old when they came out on stage! :lol:

I was also shocked at the advanced age of Monster Magnet. Fat, bloated and grey, they still pumped out some nice old school heavy rock (a rarity at Soundwave).

Sadly, the sound was incredibly terrible for all bands on all stages. I dont know what it is about live engineering over the last few years, but more often its shocking than not. Or maybe I'm getting cranky and old -_-

Melvins were on the Stage 4 Annex. At the same time as Maiden played the main pit. They were so cool, and although I havent heard them before, Im now a convert. *Melvins that is.

Smurto, in Sydney, beers were around $8 for midstrength ! Pure Blonde "Naked" or carlton "Mid". Bloody hell, even the mixer cans were low strength. I can see their point, because a lot of younger guys and girls cant handle their piss, cause trouble or fall over, but there should be a special coloured wristband for those over 30, allowing the consumption of full strength booze.

Darlin' get me another schooner of Everclear while I stand in the hot sun :lol:

Year of the Pig by Fucked Up. I have to say I'm smitten by this band after seeing them at soundwave but five years ago I probably would have hated them (Punk bands don't record 18 minute songs.....) , the getting old thing comes into play again. Anyway, this is the first of a series of ep's they've done named after the preceding chinese calendar year. Its pretty ******* good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jimmy Eat World - Bleed American
Haven't played this one for a while. A great pop rock album.

They went to a lot of effort and it is a ripper:

I am discovering the Funkadelic catalogue right now, and in the last week. Cool stuff. Weird, rockin and funk.. file somewhere between Zappa, Zeppelin and early 1970's musical Zeitgeist.

So far, impressive albums for Funkadelic (for me) are:

1974 - Standing On the Verge Of Getting It On
1975 - Let's Take It To The Stage
1970 - Free Your Mind...And Your Ass Will Follow

Photo: On Tour, Liverpool, May 1971

Funkadelic.jpg

Sublime, Stand By Your Van.

A bit of ska punk is working nicely for me this evening. Also with some Bad Religion thrown in :beerbang:

I am discovering the Funkadelic catalogue right now, and in the last week. Cool stuff. Weird, rockin and funk.. file somewhere between Zappa, Zeppelin and early 1970's musical Zeitgeist.

One nation under a groove! Get on it!

For me Tenacious D - Tenacious D album, F&ck funny and musically well done.

'Karate' - classic!

Never heard of these guys before but by the picture they look like an interesting group! I'll look them up for a listen

Finally found out that Belinda Carlisle is an elf.
That explains everything.

Belinda_Carlisle.JPG

One nation under a groove! Get on it!

For me Tenacious D - Tenacious D album, F&ck funny and musically well done.

'Karate' - classic!
You glaring omissions are that you don't mention the POD movie, and the many mindblowing performances :)

Link:

Hunx And His Punx - Too Young To Be In Love

Latest posts

Back