What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Is The Hospital - "Daybreak"

A fine dose of San Diego hardcore

Monster Magnet - Dopes to Infinity

Cheers SJ
Saw these guys & Tumbleweed @ The Metro many years ago. :super:
Spent the night up the front holding onto the crowdbarrier. Ribs were a bit sore at the end of the night but it was well worth it.

Saw these guys & Tumbleweed @ The Metro many years ago. :super:
Spent the night up the front holding onto the crowdbarrier. Ribs were a bit sore at the end of the night but it was well worth it.

Ah, the 'weed. Surely one of Oz's finest bands. Found myself sifting through their back catalogue not so long ago. From what I heard after their reunion shows last year they are supposed to be recording some new stuff.

Latest Eddy Current Suppresion Ring is rad too.

Bowie

QUOTE (Jez @ Oct 8 2010, 10:45 AM)
This Is The Hospital - "Daybreak"

A fine dose of San Diego 90s emo with keyboards.

Fixed. Drive Like Jehu will punch you.

Yeah, you're probably right on both counts.

ReVamp - ReVamp.

Floor Jansen's voice is awesome, never really got in to the After Forever stuff though.

Karjalan Sissit: ******* Whore Society

Pleasantly whiling away the sunny Sunday Afternoon before heading off to work.

Dinosaur Pile-Up - The Most Powerful EP in the Universe

I dunno. I've often been accused of being too cynical and just as often I've accused people of not knowing what cynicism even is. But this album has me wondering if I might actually be. This band is new to me. They sound like the convergence of Weezer's first album, Enon and all things grunge (plus the merest whiff of mclusky) and the recording is ******* epic (which probably doesn't matter to many but as a trained audio engineer is impresses me muchly) - and yet this thing seems entirely contrived and horrible even though I know I'd have walked over my own mother to have heard something like this 15 years ago. But the recording sounds awesome even as mp3s. I'm annoyed. I'm desperate for this boring 80s revival to be over (it has gone on longer than the period of the 80s it is copying, FFS) but this is not filling the gaps in the slightest.

Kings Of Leon, Come around sunshine. Not all that good, pretty lack-lustre really. They haven't done anything good since Because of the times, it's all been down hill since then.

The verve pipe- villians... dunno where it came from, but solid cruisy pop rock all the same

JAIKAI

Them Crooked Vultures & The Dead Weather are continually played at the moment.

Kings Of Leon, Come around sunshine. Not all that good, pretty lack-lustre really. They haven't done anything good since Because of the times, it's all been down hill since then.

have it in now, will reserve my judgement... understand the sentiment regards recent efforts

Speedealer (Once upon a time they were REO Speedealer until REO Speedwagon threatened them with legal action. Wankers.) Bleed.
Brutal trucker metal/punk from "way back" in 2004.

Birds of toyoko new album ROCKS :beerbang:

Back