What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I understand it they are cheating a bit with the first single - it is some old recording that never got released. The verse riff is pretty solid so it is worth checking out but still pretty scared about the record.

Gave it a listen tonight. Its Soundgarden alright, but nothing mind blowing.

Bring on a concert I say!

Nah mate... not at all. thanks for the welcome too Bum

Wow. That's some terrible music right there. I assume you'll be seeing Attack Attack over the next few weeks?

Welcome aboard anyway! I s'pose. :p

Been giving some oldies a spin today. Surprise highlight has been thredsunband's Peapod. Not a surprise in that it is good but in that it actually sounds pretty fresh. I guess that's because it is mid-tempo rock and there isn't really much in the way of competition or contemporaries. Oh! I should listen to The New Folk Implosion next.

drukqs right now - still alright but still just seems like a "Best Of..." but with original songs.

NiB - Sabbath.. while my wife is out picking up the kids. I hardly ever get to crank my stereo, which took so much research, pain and capex to put together, it's getting a workout right now. With a pint too!

And now Spencer P Jones.

Music is the nectar of the gods (and beer is the god of nectars)

I'm sure manticle will be pleased with your efforts?

Talib Kweli, Fever Ray and Toots and the Maytals tonight over fermenter fresh Nelson Sauvin IPA.

bit of a weird mix, but it's all bliss.

(only slightly) off topic: anyone been watching Treme?

Rage.

Look. I've never been much of a fan of Mark Ronson but wtf is this shit? **** me drunk.

Rage.

Just saw two great videos from formerly great bands that prove they've given up on selling records to anyone but their core audience. Chemical Brothers and UNKLE. Both songs sucked a horrible cock.

Why is there a band called "I Dream In Transit"?

And why does the vocalist sing out of pitch?

So the lead singer of System of a Down has solo project. A solo project that sounds exactly like System of a Down (but without the classical staccato they pretend they invented).

My question is what is the ******* point?

(Obviously I mean: what is the point of the solo project AND System of a Down in the first place)

I stopped getting upset about shit music long ago by not listening to it. Saves me a lot of headaches.

Just finishing off listening to Rowland S Howard's Teenage Snuff Film.

I stopped getting upset about shit music long ago by not listening to it. Saves me a lot of headaches.
Ah but that would require something being done about SWMBO.

I see now. Yes. I assumed you had an inordinate and perverse desire to make yourself feel ill with dreadful bollocks.

My lady and I have an understanding. If she plays something horrible, I have to not be in the house. In return I make sure the very small number of CDs I have that she can't stand are played under complementary circumstances.

Luckily we have a large area on the venn diagram that correlates.

Definitely putting that post in the monocle files.

Back