What are you listening to

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you guys ever ignore bands simply because all the wrong people like them? I do. If you ever liked My Chemical Romance a lot I'll never listen to any recommendation of yours.

Anyway, a song by The Bronx just came on rage and I found myself very surprised to find they sound like Hot Hot Heat. Not what I expected at all. Had I known I still wouldn't have listened at all but, you know, how did I get the impression that they were a teenie version of hardcore?

I quite like this band, but I'm not sure what video that was. Their first album was definately a hardcore album, hardcore as in early TSOL, Bad Brains sans reggae ect, not what the kids call hardcore nowadays, the whiny vocal/screamy vocal trade off thing by pop punk tough guys with neck tattoos (to quote another band..). They've sort of slowed it all down and cleaned it up a bit now so I'd guess that it was off their latest album.

Anyway... I picked up the new Hard Ons album this week and its really good. A few points on this:
1. I'm definately getting old. I had no idea that this was on the cards and normally a new record from this band would be something I'd be greatly anticipating.
2. Their latterday sound is something that I really dig, the trade off between the bubblegum pop punk one song and grindy thrashy noise the next. Although reading my above comment this could be a bit hypocritical.
3. Every one who I advise to check out this, or any of the records that have come out since keish left, and reply "They're not the same anymore" can get fucked. Who would have thought that a band wouldn't be the same with a different vocalist and new drummer? Bigger drummer in Pete Kostic and bigger vocals from Blackie means bigger noise.

I quite like this band, but I'm not sure what video that was. Their first album was definately a hardcore album, hardcore as in early TSOL, Bad Brains sans reggae ect, not what the kids call hardcore nowadays, the whiny vocal/screamy vocal trade off thing by pop punk tough guys with neck tattoos (to quote another band..). They've sort of slowed it all down and cleaned it up a bit now so I'd guess that it was off their latest album.

Song was called Believe. Sounded like something Channel Ten might use as the background music for one of their ads.

Do you guys ever ignore bands simply because all the wrong people like them? I do. If you ever liked My Chemical Romance a lot I'll never listen to any recommendation of yours.
I'll save myself the effort in future, Bum.
(I'd insert an emo emoticon but CBA finding one too)

The Upsetters - Popcorn

I was misinformed of their immense funk capacity, straight up dangerous. I have listened to this song about five times today.

Bottling night last night while tuned to Triple J - Full Metal Racket.
Awesome soundtrack for a night in the brauhaus!
:super: :super:

30 Seconds to Mars - Hurricane.

When are Soundgarden making that long awaited reunion? B)

Old news, raven. They're taking pre-orders for the new album now. Been playing around a bit this year already.

Old news, raven. They're taking pre-orders for the new album now. Been playing around a bit this year already.

I read somewhere a while back they were considering a comeback. So its on for real!? Woot woot! Will have to do a little searchy... its the one band on my list I still want to see.

Re Soundgarden - I really should have googled this earlier! *insert sheltered childhoom emoticon*

Tour page - no dates as yet though, apart from the recent Lollapalooza.

Possible Aussie Tour - early next year, only speculation at this stage.

Fingers crossed it comes to fruition.

Couldn't bring myself to listen to the current single, raven. Any good? The output from all members since the break up (and the last record, tbh) have had me not all that too keen to check it out.

SWMBO has Beach House on repeat. Look, they're good but they'd be even better if they wrote more than one song.

Couldn't bring myself to listen to the current single, raven. Any good? The output from all members since the break up (and the last record, tbh) have had me not all that too keen to check it out.
http://www.soundgardenworld.com/news/2010-...er-telephantasm

Not horrible on first listen. It'd be good if they wrote a chorus though. But songs like this is pretty much why they always got called Led Zep try-hards and then they'd get upset and storm out of the interview.

Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger + Somms ep.
F##king brilliant.

Now onto Foals - Total Life Forever.
The bloke's moaning voice is a bit annoying, but the layering of guitars is fantastic.

House v hurricane...just played some heroes for hire while dickin around in the shed..

:icon_drunk: !st post too...

JAIKAI

Wow. That's some terrible music right there. I assume you'll be seeing Attack Attack over the next few weeks?

Welcome aboard anyway! I s'pose. :p

recorded a rage last sat night hosted by k-os. such a good hip hop selection played, whole albums by Lyrics born, Quanum and the likes. good sat morning viewing.

I saw that one. Uh...did you get the impression he likes Public Enemy?

He did program some horrible suck as well though.

http://www.soundgardenworld.com/news/2010-...er-telephantasm

Not horrible on first listen. It'd be good if they wrote a chorus though. But songs like this is pretty much why they always got called Led Zep try-hards and then they'd get upset and storm out of the interview.

Yet to listen to it yet fella. Will have to this week if I can comandeer the PC when I get home.

I would suspect Regurgitator would sum it up nicely though - 'I like your old stuff better than your new stuff'.

Back